3DS Game Recommendations

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS Game Recommendations

User Info: Amar93

2 months ago#1
Hey all,

I just picked up the new 2DS XL and only have AC: New Leaf and was looking for some recommendations for some quality DS titles. I really enjoy JRPG's and have been looking at getting Bravely Default/Second as well as possibly DQ8 and Xenoblade Chronicles (I'm really enjoying XC2 on the Switch.)

What games do you all think are worth checking out? Looking to build my collection.

User Info: ecylis

2 months ago#2
Xenoblade is very good but it's also a very different game than XC2. I much prefer the original but it will come down to whether you prefer the more by the books approach of XC2

Tales of the Abyss is a good RPG if you haven't played the PS2 version. Fun battle system and a good story

If you've played Persona 3 & 4 then check out Persona Q. It's different but the battle system is really fun

Ace Attorney Trilogy is great if you haven't played the originals

I consider A Link Between Worlds to be one of the best games ever made. Aside from being really easy I can't think of anything wrong with it. It's short but I loved it so much I played it five times

User Info: Amar93

2 months ago#3
Sadly I haven't had a chance to check out any of the games in the Persona series. I picked up Persona 5 when it was on sale on the PS store but still haven't gotten around to it but I hear really good things.

User Info: Sh4d0wM0nk3y713

2 months ago#4
My personal favorites:

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
•In all honesty, it's one of my favorite (if not, favorite) Zelda games.

-Bravely series
•While many may argue that the 2nd game's story was lacking, both had me hooked. I had a really hard time putting either one down.

-Mario Kart 7
•Great racing game (and the best on the system). Still has an active online community.

-Super Smash Bros.
•Hours of fun, especially if you have friends with it.

-Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series
•There's quite a few on the system! Plus, you can usually find one or two on sale.
Proud Co-Mayor of the "ACNL and ACNL WA Guild"
Brave Ike enthusiast

User Info: Meteordragon10

2 months ago#5
Any other genres besides JRPGs that you like? Just with JRPGs alone, a lot of suggestions could be made, but if you want to build your collection I'd think you'll need a wider variety of tastes as well.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: lukeskywalker66

2 months ago#6
EOIV and SMT IV are pretty decent entry points into their respective franchises on the system. (Persona Q's part of the EO franchise; playing EO or SMT will give you enough info to get through it.)
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: TinyTim123

2 months ago#7
Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is a good turn based RPG that is often overlooked.
It has a nice story, the art works well with the system, has likable characters, and choice between English or Japanese voices (two different Japanese voice tracks, in fact). It's difficulty is adjustable on the go, as well as encounter rate, from low to high. One can do as little or as much farming as one wants, and has some decent side quests to go along with the main story, if you want to do those.

The downsides are some mild repetition (do a similar thing to unlock the next area as you did last time to unlock that area to progress the story), and unless one keeps the game on King difficulty and Low encounters, the combat ends up being pretty easy until end game, and even then there are some exploitable abilities that make most battles easy.

Despite that, I had a whole lot of fun with the game, and recommend it to people who like turn based RPGs.
It's generally not expensive, so that's a plus too, I think.
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

2 months ago#8
Bravely Default
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey V
Monster Hunter Stories
Rune Factory 4

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter Generations
Resident Evil Revelations

Super Smash Bros
Corpse Party
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: madeaccount4dis

2 months ago#9
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan or Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl are good entry points to the series
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Persona Q If you love Persona and end up enjoying Etrian Odyssey
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - All of them, including Apollo Justice
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Resident Evil: Revelations
Shin Megami Tensei: IV
Stella Glow
Tales of the Abyss

I tried to keep the list small, I also strongly recommend Zero Escape series if you're into Visual Novels

User Info: JKSonic

2 months ago#10
I'm going to have to assume people here haven't played Dragon Quest 8. I never played it on PS2 so I'm playing it for the first time now and it's pretty amazing so far! Personally I'd recommend it over most of the games listed here that I've played.

I'd recommend Zelda LBW's too but it's really not a true RPG. If you want that though wait until early Feb because it's about to be a Nintendo Select and therefore cheaper. Then of course just depends what you've played in the past for instance if you never played Ocarina of Time get that!
FC 3DS: 3798 - 2009 - 6280
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS Game Recommendations

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived