F-Zero for 3DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. F-Zero for 3DS

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#11
I'd like to see a new F-Zero game in general. I don't even care if it's for the 3DS or not. The last F-Zero I remember there being was back when the Gamecube was the "new" system. F-Zero GX was the name if I recall. I'm kind of curious as to why this series stopped getting games. Was it really that unpopular or did Mario Kart just kind of...kill it? I thought the face paced racing was pretty awesome and very fun, especially for its time. Mind you, some things in story mode were kind of annoying but...yeah.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 month ago#12
At this point, such a game should be released for the Switch, sorry. Due to how many people have moved on from this system, the game would be such a total sales bomb on 3DS that Nintendo would never consider reviving the series ever again. Plus, a game as fast-paced as F-Zero needs the extra processing power anyway.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"Final Fantasy XV its like Big Bazooka that fires with farts" - eisgiga

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
1 month ago#13
Meteordragon10 posted...
I'd like to see a new F-Zero game in general. I don't even care if it's for the 3DS or not. The last F-Zero I remember there being was back when the Gamecube was the "new" system. F-Zero GX was the name if I recall. I'm kind of curious as to why this series stopped getting games. Was it really that unpopular or did Mario Kart just kind of...kill it? I thought the face paced racing was pretty awesome and very fun, especially for its time. Mind you, some things in story mode were kind of annoying but...yeah.

Well if we look past, Wave Race, F-Zero, 1080º, Excitebike and Cruis'n...all failed in comparison to Mario Kart, Mario (and spinoffs/Paper Mario), Pokémon, Zelda, Smash, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing Sales.

Since then, Nintendo focus seems to be making games that are big sellers only. Splatoon is a sign of this.

Pikmin was on hiatus for nearly 10 years. Then Pilotwings and Star Fox failed too. Fire Emblem did well and sold enough for having sequels.

What bothers me is that Kirby never sold really well and they released many versions of it in the past years, much more than people wants.

So F-Zero may come back someday just like Pilotwings and Star Fox did.

In my opinion Nintendo killed these franchises giving them to third party developers.

The last F-Zero made by Nintendo was F-Zero X...Than GX by Amusement Vision...the GBA games were made by s***ty studios.

Star Fox by Namco, Q-Games and Platinum are all bad games. Nintendo must put their best teams to develop a new F-Zero to bring the franchise back.

Maybe with Mario Kart 8 re-release on Switch, F-Zero may have a chance.

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#14
Its a dead franchise.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Yadxov

Yadxov
1 month ago#15
F-Zero for Switch, please. Fast RMX isn't as similar as people say in terms of gameplay.

User Info: madman2099

madman2099
1 month ago#16
F-Zero X remade for 3DS like Star Fox 64 was. That's what I'd like to see. With the 64DD expansion included, to make your own tracks.
Pokemon Y FC: 5086-1937-2652
Fighting Safari with Mienfoo, Pancham & Riolu.

User Info: KirbyFan20

KirbyFan20
1 month ago#17
Yeah I’d love this. Too bad it won’t happen.
3DS FC: 4811-7980-0973

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
1 month ago#18
madman2099 posted...
F-Zero X remade for 3DS like Star Fox 64 was. That's what I'd like to see. With the 64DD expansion included, to make your own tracks.

That would be fantastic.
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. F-Zero for 3DS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived