Fire Emblem Fates question,(digital version)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem Fates question,(digital version)

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
4 months ago#1
I grabbed Birthright on sale a few days ago and am wondering if the icon changes to say Fire Emblem Fates on the home screen or does it say Birthright if I buy the Conquest and Revelation dlc?

Also, if I buy the dlc does I’m just incorporate it into the game or do I select the games from the menu before starting up?

Just curious, thanks.
Now playing: Breath of Fire IV, Pokemon Ultra Sun
Last finished: Tales of the Abyss

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#2
Nope. It's still going to say Birthright on the 3DS menu.

And as long as you get past Chapter 6 (that's where the split was, I think?) you can choose to start a new game at that point and then chose any of the DLC routes you bought. Or you can start a new game from scratch, up to you.

denniedarko
4 months ago#3
Seacliff217 posted...

And as long as you get past Chapter 6 (that's where the split was, I think?) you can choose to start a new game at that point and then chose any of the DLC routes you bought. Or you can start a new game from scratch, up to you.

I appreciate it. How much content would you say it has across all the versions compared to Awakening?

User Info: Tizzy

Tizzy
4 months ago#4
denniedarko posted...
Seacliff217 posted...

I appreciate it. How much content would you say it has across all the versions compared to Awakening?

They all have the same amount of content as awakening. All three routes play differently from each other so it doesn't feel like you're playing the same maps over and over.
The official Anna of all Fire Emblem boards hehe!

denniedarko
4 months ago#5
Tizzy posted...
denniedarko posted...
Seacliff217 posted...

They all have the same amount of content as awakening. All three routes play differently from each other so it doesn't feel like you're playing the same maps over and over.

Alright, cool. Grabbed conquest and revelation.

Thanks.

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#6
Tizzy posted...
denniedarko posted...
Seacliff217 posted...

Well, in main chapters.
All the Paralogues across the three routes make up about the same as Awakening, but there are repeats so you have access to about 2/3rds of them in Birthright and Conquest. So there's a bit less side content per game as a whole, save revelations.

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
4 months ago#7

What a terrible lie. The game literally uses the same maps over and over. The Rainbow Sage chapter is in all three routes. All three Chapter 27s and 28s are also way too damn similar in design. (Revelation's 27 made all the worse since it's the same damn map as Chapter 26 but now with a different boss.) Both Birthright and Conquest Chapter 27s even have the same boss to boot. lolGaron. The early Revelation chapters are literally a retread of early Birthright chapters. Revelation Chapter 8 is the same place as Birthright Chapter 7 but you're invading it this time. The Wind Tribe chapter reuses the Conquest Wind Tribe chapter map instead of Birthright's but the plot for fighting the Wind Tribe is exactly the same as in Birthright. Birthright Chapter 9 and Revelation Chapter 10 are the same f***ing thing. (lolKagero. A single Ninja got kidnapped by a bunch of Ninja? Doesn't she know Ninjas get weaker the more of them there are around?!)

f***, both Birthright and Conquest Chapter 14 take place in the exact same location. With the same background music.

Oh, and there's the part where Ryoma and Xander are overpowered and gamebreaking in the exact same ways and once they join most of the game is just sending them to the enemy army and watching the red units drop like flies.

The only real difference between Birthright and Conquest is that one gives you one concentrated dose of Xander's stupidity towards the end, while Conquest has Xander as the effective protagonist so you get to see his stupidity throughout the entire route. Complete with his "Justice is an illusion." verbal diarrhea.

As in, story is the only real difference.

Revelation has its unique maps..... that are painful to go through. But the other two routes have the godawful and lazy Faceless/Kitsune/Wolfskin army chapters Revelation does not. Soooooo.....

Alright, cool. Grabbed conquest and revelation.

I'm so sorry.
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

User Info: madeaccount4dis

madeaccount4dis
4 months ago#8
Well that's a lot of anger
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem Fates question,(digital version)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived