3DS on airplane

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS on airplane

User Info: Assassin2713

Assassin2713
1 month ago#1
Traveling tomorrow. Anyone ever have any trouble with bringing a 3DS? I was gonna keep it in my jacket and take it out at the checkpoint along with my cell phone.
IGN: DBol
FC: 0018-1136-2827

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
1 month ago#2
I traveled overseas with my 3DS recently and I kept it in my backpack(not the carry-on). No one said anything when it got scanned and it didn't have to stay in my carry-on. I wouldn't worry about it. So what you plan to do is just fine.

Assassin2713
1 month ago#3
XRay machine won’t damage it?

I read a couple places that leaving the game cartridge in your 3DS while it goes through the XRay will cause it to no longer be able to save. Sounds like crap but just checking

User Info: Kawika808

Kawika808
1 month ago#4
I have been an airline crew member for 10 years and my two 3DS’ (one North America and one Japan) have been traveling the world for 4 years. I work on average 20 flights a month. That is about 240 flights a year. My 3DS have traveled with all my games with me in my carry on. It has been thru countless x-ray machines at security.

My games and systems have been running just fine. All game saves and other stuff on memory cards are completely intact.

I can 1000% vouch for this. Bring that 3DS on board. Just don’t leave it in the seatback pocket upon deplaning as I had once in Las Vegas, but have gotten it back after a good hearted person turned it in and I managed to get it back somehow.
3DS FC: 3239 - 5925 - 4142 | Player name: Kawika

User Info: Pikachu1918

Pikachu1918
1 month ago#5
I've flown with mine internationally no problems.
"You lead, you bleed!"
Andrew Lyon, Circus Maximus Champion: www.mechwarriorleague.com

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
1 month ago#6
I've taken numerous handhelds/Switch traveling, never had any problems.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

Assassin2713
1 month ago#7
Thank you all!!!!

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#8
Assassin2713 posted...
Thank you all!!!!

You missed one exclamation point there; with only four, you're sending mixed messages.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Assassin2713
1 month ago#9
Salocool posted...
Assassin2713 posted...
Thank you all!!!!

You missed one exclamation point there; with only four, you're sending mixed messages.

I knew something didn’t seem right...

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#10
Here's a tip if you're social:
Clear your mii plaza queue and turn OFF streetpass until you get on the plane.

Turn it back on once you board and keep in in sleep until you take off. If you get a streetpass, you know someone else has a 3DS nearby. I had a 10hr+ flight and I met someone who I played multiplayer for several hours like this.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS on airplane

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived