I found a brand new copy (sealed) Pokémon Art Academy. However.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I found a brand new copy (sealed) Pokémon Art Academy. However.

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
3 months ago#1
On top of the game case where the plastic shrink wrap closes, the plastic shrink wrap is kind of raised up, I just want to know if it's still considered a sealed copy. Serious answers please and thankyou, here's a picture.

https://imgur.com/gallery/enACi

User Info: nomregroundhogs

nomregroundhogs
3 months ago#2
Who the f*** cares?

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
3 months ago#3
No, someone resealed it.

nomregroundhogs posted...
Who the f*** cares?

And this.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

The_Orignal
3 months ago#4
Who the f*** cares?

I care! The game is out of print!

nomregroundhogs
3 months ago#5
The_Orignal posted...
Who the f*** cares?

I care! The game is out of print!

Oh, sweet Jesus, that changes everything.

User Info: Hayato213

Hayato213
3 months ago#6
TC is a troll , just ignore his post.
FC 2724-1752-4353 IGN Jay (JPN Moon) TSV 2590 Time Zone: EST USA.
Shiny Lists http://tinyurl.com/Hayato213. Don't inbox me for Pkhex service.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
3 months ago#7
you're going to open it up anyway
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

The_Orignal
3 months ago#8
CanibusRtJ posted...
you're going to open it up anyway

No it's hard to find, I'm going to keep it as it is and find a used copy.

nomregroundhogs
3 months ago#9
Listen to me. And listen close.

You need to make DAMN sure that game is sealed. If it ain’t...hoo boy. s***’s about to go down.

Ordinarily it wouldn’t matter if it’s sealed, but (as I’m sure you’re aware) the very second a game goes out of print, each and every existing copy becomes vulnerable to “the Rot”. No one’s quite sure why this happens, some say it’s an ancient curse or whatever but I don’t believe in all that - at any rate, the Rot will seep through the packaging and corrode the metal connectors that allow the game to be read. Even worse, it’ll ALSO almost certainly infect your 3DS so that every other game you play will get the Rot as well. Especially if your 3DS is a special edition.

The plastic wrap is enough to keep your game safe though, but if it’s cracked open even one tiny bit, you have problems. The only way to stay safe now is to open the plastic, get yourself a Q tip (the name brand, none of this generic s***) and some super glue, and GENTLY swipe a think coat of glue across the game cartridge. Then, put the game back in the case, and also super glue the case shut. Then, and only then, will you be safe from the dreaded plague.

The_Orignal
3 months ago#10
Listen to me. And listen close.

You need to make DAMN sure that game is sealed. If it ain’t...hoo boy. s***’s about to go down.

Ordinarily it wouldn’t matter if it’s sealed, but (as I’m sure you’re aware) the very second a game goes out of print, each and every existing copy becomes vulnerable to “the Rot”. No one’s quite sure why this happens, some say it’s an ancient curse or whatever but I don’t believe in all that - at any rate, the Rot will seep through the packaging and corrode the metal connectors that allow the game to be read. Even worse, it’ll ALSO almost certainly infect your 3DS so that every other game you play will get the Rot as well. Especially if your 3DS is a special edition.

The plastic wrap is enough to keep your game safe though, but if it’s cracked open even one tiny bit, you have problems. The only way to stay safe now is to open the plastic, get yourself a Q tip (the name brand, none of this generic s***) and some super glue, and GENTLY swipe a think coat of glue across the game cartridge. Then, put the game back in the case, and also super glue the case shut. Then, and only then, will you be safe from the dreaded plague.

Your really mean...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I found a brand new copy (sealed) Pokémon Art Academy. However.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived