Mother 3-D would be a dream come true

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mother 3-D would be a dream come true

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
6 months ago#1
imagine how cool those backrounds would look in full 3D
Currently playing:
Super Smash Bros (3DS)

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
6 months ago#2
Someone has kind of/sort of shown me what it would be like. I recall seeing a video on youtube about it...it's in my favorites somewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IugpW2B9aU&list=FL4FeAWVrg0tU4dqygfrTEPA&index=72

Well, it's not quite what I was thinking of, but eh. These are quite old...
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
6 months ago#3
Don't hold your breath. All the games they could make 3D Classics, I doubt they'd choose one that niche.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
6 months ago#4
Meteordragon10 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IugpW2B9aU&list=FL4FeAWVrg0tU4dqygfrTEPA&index=72

That, and the fourside 3D were cool. Good times. Having played it so much, it's crazy that you can recall the actual city layout just by watching the video.

iMURDAu posted...
I doubt they'd choose one that niche.

Is it really that niche though? It appears in SSB, has it's own amiibo, and the huge following in Japan would be enough to justify it much like the Saga remakes. The question is whether they'd feel confident they could make a game that could meet expectations because of it's almost mythical reputation.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
6 months ago#5
desuno-to posted...

Is it really that niche though? It appears in SSB, has it's own amiibo, and the huge following in Japan would be enough to justify it much like the Saga remakes. The question is whether they'd feel confident they could make a game that could meet expectations because of it's almost mythical reputation.

yes, it's still pretty niche.

They have had numerous opportunities to bring it stateside, but still haven't and won't.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
6 months ago#6
I have no idea how you're expecting 3D models to top the crisp quality of the existing 2D assets.

A 3D update would beyond questionable in terms of overall direction.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
6 months ago#7
Nah, all you need to do is update Mother and EarthBound to Mother 3's graphical style, but if they ever do a 3D remake, it should mimic the series' usual claymation artwork.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

desuno-to
6 months ago#8
CanibusRtJ posted...
desuno-to posted...

yes, it's still pretty niche.

They have had numerous opportunities to bring it stateside, but still haven't and won't.

Again, it's popularity in Japan alone is enough to justify a remake. The Saga series is even more of niche and yet all 3 games got a 3D remake.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
6 months ago#9
desuno-to posted...

Again, it's popularity in Japan alone is enough to justify a remake. The Saga series is even more of niche and yet all 3 games got a 3D remake.

Doesn't mean we'd get it here, stateside.

I'm not even saying I'd be against it, but I'm also a realist.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

desuno-to
6 months ago#10
CanibusRtJ posted...
desuno-to posted...

Doesn't mean we'd get it here, stateside.

I'm not even saying I'd be against it, but I'm also a realist.

But the question is whether we will see one in general. As long as it's made, fans will find a way to play it, after all, that how a series that wasn't released in NA got so popular there in the first place.

Plus there is a trend of 3D remakes. SoM is a recent example, so it's not unrealistic to think it could happen.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Mother 3-D would be a dream come true

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived