My top 6 3ds games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My top 6 3ds games

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
3 months ago#1
Looking through my activity log today I realized that, even though I sold all of my games, there were very few I regretted selling, which made me realize these are my too 5 games;

6) mario 3d land - great games, but only six hours. And it STILL retails for over 30 bucks used?!?! Yeah right

5) animal crossing - not much to say here. Can’t wait for the switch version!

4) fantasy life - sank over 150 hours into it. May seriously be my favorite rpg.

3) samus returns - this was my first metroid. I’ve since played the two gba ones, and I’m halfway through prime and super. Returns is still my favorite!

2) link between worlds - this was tough. Zelda is my favorite game of all time. I beat it twice over. This is up there for me second only to breath of the wild. The only reason it’s second it’s because of the sheer amount of time I spent on my #1

1) Pokemon - I spent close to a thousand hours on gen 6 and 7 catching them all, and then breeding/training for competitive play.

Honorable mentions: ocarina of time and majoras mask I’d played before, but it was noce to revisit them. I liked resident evil revelations and luigi’s mansion but I don’t feel compelled to play then again. Monster hunter was good but feels clunky and slow. Also, it’s super ugly and held back by the 3ds’ limitations. It looks like mh: world might just be everything the series should’ve been. Too bad it’s not on switch. I did not give donkey kong or xenoblade a fair shot back then, but I’ll rectify that on the switch.
3ds fc: 0774 - 4632 - 5474 IGN: Ashley Friend Safari is Ghost: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim.
Trade list: http://tinyurl.com/nhpjroj

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
3 months ago#2
You should really try a fire emblem game they are very fun
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
3 months ago#3
I did. I was really into the gba one, but haven’t been into them since. Not too big on turn based strategy. I’m actually suprised how popular awakening got, always seemed like a niche genera!
3ds fc: 0774 - 4632 - 5474 IGN: Ashley Friend Safari is Ghost: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim.
Trade list: http://tinyurl.com/nhpjroj

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 months ago#4
nintendomaniaco posted...

6) mario 3d land - great games, but only six hours. And it STILL retails for over 30 bucks used?!?! Yeah right

General rule: Mario games on handheld rarely, if ever drop in price. The (very) few places where Mario 64DS or Mario Kart DS can still be found brand new, it's still 40-45$ (Depending on if you are in the US or Canada)

Heck, I bought the oroginal New Super Mario Bros for 31$ at EB games in 2016, and that's for a used copy and had a Onyx membership card (Onyx = highest membership level) otherwise I would have paid 35$ without membership, or 40 if by a freak chance they had a new copy.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 months ago#5
Only one I played out of those 6 is Fantasy Life, but it's indeed a doozy. Thought it'd be something I'd look into later as I picked it up alongside eight other games, but it had other plans. Sucked me in, past a hundred hours, haven't even cleared the main story yet any further than I had to in order to continue ranking up twelve different Lives. In 300 terms, "This won't be over soon".

Among the others I picked up is Rune Factory 4, which from what I'm told is going to do exactly the same to me. Should be good. I regard these as "comfort games".
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
3 months ago#6
I'll never understand why anyone would pick Fantasy Life over Rune Factory 4 aside from aesthetics.

On a related note, I probably spent more time taming and raising monsters in RF4 than the 3DS Pokemon games.

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
3 months ago#7
I LOVED FL. Even bought the Japanese guides and was looking into buying a Japanese 3DS in case it never made it over to the States. I was fanatic about it, and that was probably the most I pushed myself to learn Hiragana. I'm certainly not great in any way, shape, or form, but it was certainly the most I studied in my life. FOR A GAME. Well over 300 hours into it. Around 300 hours into Rune Factory 4 as well. If you're looking for other games:

Rune Factory 4 (as the poster said above, it's a great game. Far more in depth than FL. Think of a more difficult FL. I WISH FL had farming elements in it. It would have been PERFECT)

Disney Magical World (NOT the sequel. It's not nearly as good as the first game. Think AC mixed with FL but with Disney characters)

Monster Hunter Stories (so well done. I think it's far more enjoyable than the main series games. Monster customization, character customization, Pokemon feel, exploration, crafting, etc)

Popolocrois HM RPG (really cute RPG with farming elements)

Harvest Moon: Trio of Towns (I'm actually not a fan of the HM games. I never really liked farming sims. But this one is fantastic. I'm still playing it and have about 150 hours in.)

If you have a Switch: Stardew Valley (you will NOT be disappointed. Farming sim with combat. Very much HM, but with so much more.)
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, DA: 4E00-0016-93ED

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
3 months ago#8
My top 6:

1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) Animal Crossing New Leaf
3) Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
4) Madden NFL Football
5) Mario Kart 7
6) Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 months ago#9
Forgot to post my own top 6

Not in any particular order

-Yo-Kai watch 2
-Pokemon USUM
-Yo-Kai Watch
-Theatrhytm Final Fantasy Curtain Calls
-Pokemon ORAS
-Sm4sh
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
3 months ago#10
Going by total activity, my top 5 is:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
2. Fantasy Life (on the verge of overtaking Xenoblade)
3. Dragon Quest VII
4. Bravely Default
5. Etrian Odyssey V

I'm still playing Fantasy Life, haven't even bothered clearing the story yet, so this one's going to take the lead and may hold on to it. That said, Rune Factory 4 is still waiting for its turn and it may well end up higher if it grabs me.
A gentleman will walk, but never run
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. My top 6 3ds games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived