What features are a necessity for the successor of the 3DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What features are a necessity for the successor of the 3DS?

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
6 months ago#11
scttkpln posted...
Finn-X posted...
Dumb fudging topic cause the Switch is already out. Also how many times will a topic like this be made?

If you don't like the topic, why don't you just scroll past? Why do you feel the need to spew your negativity when it's clear that some folks like the topic? Didn't your mother ever teach you that, if you don't have anything nice to say (add to the topic), don't say anything at all?

Maybe this person thought they had to point out what a stupid topic it was for the good of humanity, I mean it would be pretty stupid if Nintendo launched another hand held device What with the Switch on the market now, so what is the point of discussing this, even if it is just for fun! (What fun?)

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
6 months ago#12
its_matt posted...
scttkpln posted...
Finn-X posted...
Dumb fudging topic cause the Switch is already out. Also how many times will a topic like this be made?

If you don't like the topic, why don't you just scroll past? Why do you feel the need to spew your negativity when it's clear that some folks like the topic? Didn't your mother ever teach you that, if you don't have anything nice to say (add to the topic), don't say anything at all?

Maybe this person thought they had to point out what a stupid topic it was for the good of humanity, I mean it would be pretty stupid if Nintendo launched another hand held device What with the Switch on the market now, so what is the point of discussing this, even if it is just for fun! (What fun?)

It would be smart of them
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
6 months ago#13
Why not an option for "ease of portability"?
I can put the 3DS and Vita (with a screen protecting clamshell cover, even) in my pocket and go.
Switch? I have to have some sort of bag to be able to carry it (while the tablet part could kinda sorta ot really fit in pockets... I don't feel confident in it's structural integrity to do that).

A smaller Switch seems less likely to me than it does to others for the simple reason that in some games, the text is already hard enough to read on the tablet part... a smaller version? I can foresee all the complaints already.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
6 months ago#14
StreetPass.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
6 months ago#15
TinyTim123 posted...
Why not an option for "ease of portability"?
I can put the 3DS and Vita (with a screen protecting clamshell cover, even) in my pocket and go.
Switch? I have to have some sort of bag to be able to carry it (while the tablet part could kinda sorta ot really fit in pockets... I don't feel confident in it's structural integrity to do that).

A smaller Switch seems less likely to me than it does to others for the simple reason that in some games, the text is already hard enough to read on the tablet part... a smaller version? I can foresee all the complaints already.

Good point

User Info: NihiloExistant

NihiloExistant
6 months ago#16
SockNight posted...
Let's assume a "4DS" is coming out next year. What would you like to see in it?

For the sake of discussion I'll agree to assume that, but there's hardly any chance of that actually happening since Game Freak is making its next main pokemon titles for Switch as opposed to 3DS or a hypothetical successor to it.

Anyway, what I'd most want is to just be capable of playing previous-generation handheld titles (whether that's just 3DS games or going further back than just that). The Switch is already fine by me for any other purpose I'd actually use a dedicated gaming handheld for.
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
6 months ago#17
Darrentg posted...
- Docks and can be played on the TV
- Controllers on the side can be removed and swapped out
- Single screen
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
6 months ago#18
quittaboi78 posted...
Darrentg posted...
- Single screen

Not much of a Dual Screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What features are a necessity for the successor of the 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived