Nintendo has reiterated that it will continue to support the Nintendo 3ds

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo has reiterated that it will continue to support the Nintendo 3ds

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
7 months ago#91
ERfollower posted...
MagusNotFrog posted...
I presume this will be the 3DS' last big year, and in 2019 it'll die out.

I think this will be the last year of first party games, then it will just be localisations of Japanese third party games afterwards.

That's what I said in late 2016. 2017 would start to see shrinking first party support (though honnestly, it was still pretty good) and that 2018 would be the last year of first party released games. I still see games coming on it until at least 2020-2021 (last DS game was released 10 and half years after the original DS release) but I see first party support (not counting firmware updates) stopping in late 2018 (with maybe a couple of early 2019 localisation of games rekeased in japan in late 2018)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Irony

Irony
7 months ago#92
Heard this about the Wii a million times from Nintendo
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgtc.com/tHc3mIo.png http://i.imgtc.com/PYxw8Lm.png

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
7 months ago#93
Skull_pro posted...
ERfollower posted...
MagusNotFrog posted...
I presume this will be the 3DS' last big year, and in 2019 it'll die out.

I think this will be the last year of first party games, then it will just be localisations of Japanese third party games afterwards.

That's what I said in late 2016. 2017 would start to see shrinking first party support (though honnestly, it was still pretty good) and that 2018 would be the last year of first party released games. I still see games coming on it until at least 2020-2021 (last DS game was released 10 and half years after the original DS release) but I see first party support (not counting firmware updates) stopping in late 2018 (with maybe a couple of early 2019 localisation of games rekeased in japan in late 2018)

This is what I think too. Considering the patterns of the GB, GBC, GBA, and NDS. Nintendo does give their handhelds a bit of life support for a couple years.

There's a rumor of a bigger direct coming soon, and even if that wasn't the case there is still a lot of time before E3. I'd imagine at least a couple first party titles will be announced in this timeframe to wrap up the 3DS's library.

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
7 months ago#94
ZatchBell posted...
To the haters who state let it die already, why would Nintendo let a successful system that sells and makes money die? Most people do not own a switch. Most people will not own one for years to come. Makes sense to release new 3ds titles while the switch library and installer base grows.

Not for long since Switch already has nearly 1/5 of the 3DS’ install base and it’s not even a year old yet...
Yoshiaki Koizumi should replace Hidemaro Fujibayashi as director in the Zelda series.

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
7 months ago#95
Irony posted...
Heard this about the Wii a million times from Nintendo

Well, Nintendo is still technically supporting the Wii, since it's store is still open, and IIRC, there was a couple games released for it in 2017 (albeit only 3rd party shovelware, but still)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo has reiterated that it will continue to support the Nintendo 3ds

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived