Can the new Nintendo 2DS XL play Nintendo DS games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can the new Nintendo 2DS XL play Nintendo DS games?

User Info: Jackalfrost

Jackalfrost
1 month ago#1
Topic.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
1 month ago#2
Only if the ds games are not broken
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 month ago#3
Yes. All 3DS/2DS models can play DS games. Unless said DS game requires something like the GBA slot, which does not physically exist on the 3/2DS.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: ChickenSpice

ChickenSpice
1 month ago#4
I have a question. Is it safe to open all the way? My brother has a 3DS XL and it locks into place when I open it a little. I open it all the way, but I'm afraid it might snap in two if I keep doing it.
There are 5 good Nep games out. HDN Rebirth 1 and 3, Neptunia U, Mega Neptunia and Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls.
http://i.imgur.com/K97bNUW.jpg

User Info: megamachopop

megamachopop
1 month ago#5
ChickenSpice posted...
I have a question. Is it safe to open all the way? My brother has a 3DS XL and it locks into place when I open it a little. I open it all the way, but I'm afraid it might snap in two if I keep doing it.

All 3DS XL models have 3 levels they click at. I'd recommend leaving it at the 2nd, or the 1st depending on the angle you need it at. I don't recommend always opening it flat at the 3rd click, as I feel that's when you might be at risk of breaking it.

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
1 month ago#6
ChickenSpice posted...

That’s what she said

User Info: Wii_Shaker

Wii_Shaker
1 month ago#7
ChickenSpice posted...

It should be safe. I worry about the same thing. You can snap the new 3ds all he way almost until it folds backwards, which I never do.

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#8
ChickenSpice posted...

Not your fault if it does break, you didn't design it. It should be fine though. Just don't flap it open and close really quick like a maniac.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can the new Nintendo 2DS XL play Nintendo DS games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived