Which style savvy game is best for a newbie

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which style savvy game is best for a newbie

User Info: parabola_master

parabola_master
2 months ago#1
Some things about me

I’m a guy
My favorite show is project runway
I would like to have an option to dress men but I’m okay with mostly women
I probably would just play the main story and stop after beating it
I don’t mind digital
i.imgur.com/mkGoWsg.jpg i.imgur.com/mkGoWsg.jpg i.imgur.com/mkGoWsg.jpg

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
2 months ago#2
idk never played the games aside from a demo, but there's a new one coming. i assume that'll have the best/most content
oh, actually yeah i recommend looking up the free demo to one of the games on the eshop
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: Ruka_

Ruka_
2 months ago#3
I've only played one entry in the series so take this with a grain of salt.
I played Fashion Forward, which was an absolute blast but you don't actually unlock the option to dress men in clothes until post-game, and even then, you don't sell them clothes in your store, you can dress them from a menu and they'll be wearing whatever you dressed them in when you see them around town.

The previous entry (I think it was Trendsetters?) does have the option to sell mens clothing from what I understand, but if you don't mind waiting a little (if you're in the US), Style Savvy: Styling Star is coming out on the 25th, and you can sell mens clothing IIRC.
It's digital only in North America, but I believe the EU version is out now and has a physical copy. You can also stock a lot more clothes in the new game. In Fashion Forward the max styles you can stock at one time is 1000, whereas Styling Star lets you keep 20,000.

Other than that, I can't really give you a detailed idea of which entry you might like most, since I've only actually played Fashion Forward, but from everything I've seen so far, the newest game is shaping up to be even better.
Whichever you go with, I hope you have fun! I ending up sinking about 70 hours into it and still wanting to play more.

User Info: Norm728

Norm728
2 months ago#4
the first one should be extremely cheap and HAD online shops you could get judged and make extra $.

the second has a whole magic subplot with FREE DLC and amiibo support. both have and addictive feel gameplay. especially when you make a outfit they LOVE. and the game will play up the reaction.
"I Don't Fail, I Succeed At Finding Ways That Don't Work!"-- Christopher Titus, 3DS FC 1822-0110-8497

User Info: Martin Pagan

Martin Pagan
2 months ago#5
Ruka_ posted...
Style Savvy: Styling Star is coming out on the 25th, and you can sell mens clothing IIRC

You can't. You can "assist" the owner of the men's clothing shop, but you get no money from it nor do you have any influence on what clothing the shop carries. It's mostly a side activity.
"Hagitori gomen!" - Junpei, Those who hunt elves
XBL/PSN gamertag: Poganin | FC: 1736 - 3208 - 7185

parabola_master
2 months ago#6
Thanks for the responses! I’ll get the first one and then if I like it enough I’ll get another one.

Also I read that the first one has runway challenges which sounds fun haha (the second one has fashion shows which also seems cool)

Martin Pagan
2 months ago#7
I started with the third game. Here's a list of likes/disliked I had with it if you want a newcomer's opinion: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/221449-style-savvy-styling-star/76108004

parabola_master
2 months ago#8
One last question

Have the games ever been on sale on the eshop? Thinking of waiting till the 25th to see if the older ones go on sale

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
2 months ago#9
I would say Fashion Forward is the best overall game in the series, but Styling Star has a proper storyline and characters in it so it feels rather more RPG oriented in terms of storytelling than other Style Savvy games are. You can also dress men to a greater degree in that game.

Great games though, you should enjoy them.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

Martin Pagan
2 months ago#10
parabola_master posted...
One last question

Have the games ever been on sale on the eshop? Thinking of waiting till the 25th to see if the older ones go on sale

Trendsetters is a part of the Nintendo Select line of permanently discounted products and you can pay some coins at MyNintendo to get an additional discount on it, I believe. That's true for the EU at least.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which style savvy game is best for a newbie

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived