Pokémon Picross being free to play was stupid AF.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokémon Picross being free to play was stupid AF.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 months ago#1
Really it either should’ve been like 8$ or been regularly updated with new puzzles to justify being freemium.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
4 months ago#2
Isn't it 40 bucks to unlock everything?
Think it's ok, if it's just a normal fullprize game in the end.

pikachupwnage
4 months ago#3
lali_puna posted...
Isn't it 40 bucks to unlock everything?
Think it's ok, if it's just a normal fullprize game in the end.

30$

Or like a full year+ of grinding the daily training
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 months ago#4
I payed no money, and I think I got more enjoyment and mental benefit from just playing it daily. I took month long breaks too. If I would have just payed to unlock everything, I think I would have become bored, and I don't think I would have bothered to complete it.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

pikachupwnage
4 months ago#5
I want to know how the hell I am supposed to do this 20x15 event Pokémon puzzle here.

All my Pokémon are 10x10 only(which is stupid. Like a random 5 out of 300 squares being revealed will help me a bunch) and there is not a row that can be solved with 100% certainty to start so I don’t even have a start point. Not a single row that (counting spaces between tile groups) adds to 15 for the top or 20 to the side.

And with limited energy having to wait if I make too many mistakes will shatter my concentration and make this take too damn long.

Wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t like “Hurry up Bri you have like five seconds to get here and catch this thing before it’s gone”
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 months ago#6
People actually play Pokemon Picross?
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: PhoenixML

PhoenixML
4 months ago#7
People play Picross games. And regardless if you are a Pokemon fan or not, this one is one of the best.

And yeah, just pay the 30$. The F2P is just like a demo where you get see what the game has to give. Either you want to play the full game or not.
the way out is through

User Info: davebrit2

davebrit2
4 months ago#8
Or use JKSM and edit like 2 bytes in your save file. :>

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 months ago#9
pikachupwnage posted...
I want to know how the hell I am supposed to do this 20x15 event Pokémon puzzle here.

All my Pokémon are 10x10 only(which is stupid. Like a random 5 out of 300 squares being revealed will help me a bunch) and there is not a row that can be solved with 100% certainty to start so I don’t even have a start point. Not a single row that (counting spaces between tile groups) adds to 15 for the top or 20 to the side.

And with limited energy having to wait if I make too many mistakes will shatter my concentration and make this take too damn long.

Wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t like “Hurry up Bri you have like five seconds to get here and catch this thing before it’s gone”

It'll be back. Just focus on what you can do for now and maybe save up for an energy upgrade. You'll get better pokemon as you go, and you can come back to it.

I wont lie, there are definitely periods of grinding if you don't pay. I would just pop in to do my daily training every day. Sometimes it would take a couple of weeks to get to the next stage, but it's not like I got the 3DS for Pokemon Picross, so I've got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
4 months ago#10
pikachupwnage posted...

They last an hour or so, and one pops every day. You can go back to it. Also, the first one you catch works for that size of puzzle, and they can be solved logically. You don't need any powerups to complete them.

Free to Play is to make it drag out a long time to incentivize you to spend at least some of the $30. If you spend that much, picrites become infinite.

You could just always use the guides here to solve the first one so you have a 20x15 to use for future puzzles. Or just come back to it later. Also note, some require passwords to unlock, which are in the guides.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokémon Picross being free to play was stupid AF.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived