Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 months ago#1
/topic.

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
4 months ago#2
Metroid Samus Returns disagrees. US/UM is just a lazy cash-grab.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: llysender

llysender
4 months ago#3
Etrian Odyssey V exists so no.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 months ago#4
Great game, probably best Pokemon game. But best 3DS game of 2017? Nah man.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
4 months ago#5
US/UM is dragged down through the mud with repetitive cutscenes happening at every corner and endless tutorials. They're not.
Gday

User Info: Phrase-of-Eve

Phrase-of-Eve
4 months ago#6
Nah.
The worst foe lies within the self.
The official Mitochondria Eve on every board ever and the official Umbreon of the Pokemon Ultra Sun board!

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
4 months ago#7
nope, mine is Of Mice and Sand...and I hope the peops vote for Monster Hunter Stories.

User Info: DanF2000

DanF2000
4 months ago#8
For everyone who thinks it's just a cash grab, you haven't done the post game yet! I'm doing the Rainbow Rocket arc and it is just amazing!! Just the pure nostalgia, the intense battles (all their pokemon's levels are in their mid to high 60s), especially against the Team Leaders and seeing how they got into the world, including the battles against Legendaries!

Quite a few of the battles have been quite difficult for me, with my Decidueye against Lysandre's Yveltal, final Pokemon in the team, was knocked back to 2 HP remaining via Oblivion Wing. Went to revive my Thunder Punch Metagross, Yveltal used the same move again but Decidueye lived on 1 through affection! It went for it again, lived on 1 HP with affection again and used Bloom Doom to knock it back to red. Used sucker punch, and dodged another Oblivion Wing through affection. Final sucker punch, Yveltal goes down!!

Also, absolutely love all the references in the game, including some memory puzzles with Red/Blue/Yellow/Green and some grunts saying Red/Blue/Yellow in reference to the originals, and each Team Leader refering back to the trainer who beat them in their respective games (e.g. Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Callum/Serena)
3DS FC: 3239 - 7793 - 1922
IGN: Daniel

User Info: ChimeraBlue

ChimeraBlue
4 months ago#9
Lol.

No.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 months ago#10
DanF2000 posted...
For everyone who thinks it's just a cash grab, you haven't done the post game yet! I'm doing the Rainbow Rocket arc and it is just amazing!! Just the pure nostalgia, the intense battles (all their pokemon's levels are in their mid to high 60s), especially against the Team Leaders and seeing how they got into the world, including the battles against Legendaries!

Quite a few of the battles have been quite difficult for me, with my Decidueye against Lysandre's Yveltal, final Pokemon in the team, was knocked back to 2 HP remaining via Oblivion Wing. Went to revive my Thunder Punch Metagross, Yveltal used the same move again but Decidueye lived on 1 through affection! It went for it again, lived on 1 HP with affection again and used Bloom Doom to knock it back to red. Used sucker punch, and dodged another Oblivion Wing through affection. Final sucker punch, Yveltal goes down!!

Also, absolutely love all the references in the game, including some memory puzzles with Red/Blue/Yellow/Green and some grunts saying Red/Blue/Yellow in reference to the originals, and each Team Leader refering back to the trainer who beat them in their respective games (e.g. Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Callum/Serena)

Stiil not an excuse to re-do 60% of the original version.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived