Just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse for $10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse for $10

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
4 months ago#1
Got this on a whim today at Wal-Mart. Is this one pretty good?

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
4 months ago#2
Yeah, it's easily the best MegaTen game on the system. (For now anyway; it might be superseded by SJR, but we'll have to wait a year.) Of course as with all SMT games, I'd suggest not getting too attached to the plot.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: AuraChannelerCh

AuraChannelerCh
4 months ago#3
It refines some of the frustrating mechanics it had for its prequel, making it a really good RPG.

Its story isn't as strong as the prequel's, though.
NNID: AuraGuyChris
AuraChannelerChris' Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AuraChannelerChris

User Info: green dragon

green dragon
4 months ago#4
Woah, ten bucks? I'm jelly

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
4 months ago#5
The dungeons, the random battles and the story/dialogues are completely mindless so... It ain't a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have some moderately competent assets (still miles away from the PS2 era) and a somewhat enjoyable customization system.

Bosses are usually fun tho, thank god for that at the very least.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
4 months ago#6
How'd you get for only $10 there?
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: Rittu

Rittu
4 months ago#7
spacecowboymike posted...
Is this one pretty good?

Well I paid $50 for it so... /goes off to sulk

Except not because it is still worth it.
Currently playing: SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
4 months ago#8
It's the best RPG on 3DS, period. Was worth even the 50 bucks.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
4 months ago#9
I played about 15-20 hours worth of it. I liked it a lot. Great atmosphere, good music, interesting story. But, I guess it got too repetitive or something because I got bored and stopped playing.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: ShadowElite86

ShadowElite86
4 months ago#10
SymphonicGlory posted...
How'd you get for only $10 there?

I'm wondering the same. Sounds like it was probably on clearance at their store. The website shows $36.98.
GT: ShadowElite86
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse for $10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived