Pokemon Moving to Switch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Moving to Switch

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
5 months ago#11
Forestia posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Forestia posted...
pikachupwnage posted...

3. Who gives a pidgey s*** about what random people online say about the graphics? Irrelevant. Better(not realistic I personally hope) graphics in general is of course part of the reason to support Pokémon for Switch.

Shouldn't overall gameplay time be MORE IMPORTANT then Graphics?
...Well, maybe this is why games are getting shorter and shorter in modern days now since most people like PRETTY GRAPHICS more then the game itself (where u can pretty much complete a full game within hours in 1-2 day...)

And pretty much this is the sole reason why I still prefer playing old games rather then new games...
(and yes, I like playing SNES, GBA, NDS+3DS games the most, it's the GAME that matters, not GRAPHIC.)

Okay? There is a reason why I said “part of the reason”

Yup, I notice what u said there.
Just that considerating from the gaming society itself, better Graphics is the SOLE REASON to convince people to move on to better consoles to play these games = old generation console should just die no matter what.

So mostly, the problem isn't because of gameplay anymore, it's the GRAPHIC that matters first out of everything.

Nah. Fact is more power helps with more than just better image quality. Some games would never have been possible on Gameboy, or even something like PS3.

We shoudn’t aim to can consoles at a fast rate or immediately drop a console the moment something new hits but keeping the same consoles forever will lead to stagnation.

Also Switch is weaker than PS4 and Xbone and it is selling just as fast a PS4 did.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: Forestia

Forestia
5 months ago#12
pikachupwnage posted...

Nah. Fact is more power helps with more than just better image quality. Some games would never have been possible on Gameboy, or even something like PS3.

We shoudn’t aim to can consoles at a fast rate or immediately drop a console the moment something new hits but keeping the same consoles forever will lead to stagnation.

Also Switch is weaker than PS4 and Xbone and it is selling just as fast a PS4 did.

That is true as well..., I guess.

I can only say it's because Switch is a portable home console = good selling market since it's a "1st in history where home console is actually really portable and can also play in handheld mode"
PS4 and XBOX ONE isn't a "portable" home console, but it's selling good because of it's game and brand.

PS: Switch sold pretty well when it first came out with the help of Zelda BOTW, if not, would u really think that it would sell so well if the game isn't out with it to begin with?
Alot of people bought the Switch for the sake of playing Zelda BOTW at first, now is for the sake of playing Mario Odyssey, next is of course for the sake of new Pokemon series. (And we all know there's ALOT of Pokemon fans all over the globe = even better sales market)
But after these, I wonder what is next? maybe new Fire Emblem series or Animal Crossing series perhaps.

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
5 months ago#13
JustANerd12 posted...
For starters, this is clearly not really being done to give us a better playing experience. It is very obvious that this is being done in an attempt to extract more money out of loyal fans.
Right. So what were US/UM? A final sendoff for loyal fans (for the low price of $39.99 plus tax?) Or the pokebank? A request for a charitable donation of $5 to retain pokemon? This is silly. Pokemon is a cash cow franchise and Ninty / GF are businesses. If you want to complain about consumer exploitation there's much better examples (on the 3DS) that you can use. Pokemon transfer between games never required an online subscription in the past.

It was not to long ago that the 3DS was released making it necessary to purchase it if you wished to continue you playing any of your favorite series.
The Nintendo 3DS was launched in 2011. X/Y was 2013. Maybe that's not a long time for you (it is for me) but it's certainly a long time in the videogame industry.

It seems after Nintendo had filled their pockets, most 3DS games did not even have 3D capabilities meaning that you should not even need the new 3D and 2DSs to play them; yet you had to go out and buy them anyway.
Hardware. You need hardware to play games. If you think the only difference between a 3DS and a DS is the 3D effect, the nicest thing I can say is that you're incredibly ignorant about basic hardware differences. But again this nothing new. You "had" to buy a GBA to play R/S, and a DS for D/P, and a 3DS for X/Y. Time passes and the companies need to move onto the next console after a generation or two of Pokemon. (But they're actually fairly clingy and put B/W and S/M late into each console's lifespan. But they did it because they wanted a larger install base of those systems.)

The question raised was that of the Switch's ability to handle such an iconic series. For one thing, the Switch is not as portable as it is made out to be. Unlike the DS it cannot be paused simply by flipping it closed. Its screen cannot be covered when not in use. It cannot be transported in a pocket.
Did any of those stop R/B from being successful? You couldn't flip your GameBoy shut, or fit it in your pocket (remember the Pocket model was a revision of the much larger 'brick' version), or pause it instantly. That's fairly negligible "QoL" stuff that isn't essential to the core of Pokemon's success.

This console change is just an attempt to save a system that was rapidly becoming a failure.
Nothing about Switch at the time of the Pokemon Switch announcement earlier or now suggests it was "rapidly becoming a failure." Nintendo does want all of the handheld devs on Switch but they'd put their eggs in that basket from the onset. There's no reason to think they would've just let GF keep making 3DS games for another 4 years if the Switch was more profitable.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: Astral_Comet

Astral_Comet
5 months ago#14
JustANerd12 posted...
It was not to long ago that the 3DS was released making it necessary to purchase it if you wished to continue you playing any of your favorite series.

Try almost seven years, which is three more than most handhelds. What a terrible argument.

JustANerd12 posted...
It seems after Nintendo had filled their pockets, most 3DS games did not even have 3D capabilities meaning that you should not even need the new 3D and 2DSs to play them; yet you had to go out and buy them anyway.

... Because they were the next handheld with vastly better graphics and 3D was a side gimmick? What a terrible argument.

JustANerd12 posted...
For one thing, the Switch is not as portable as it is made out to be. Unlike the DS it cannot be paused simply by flipping it closed. Its screen cannot be covered when not in use. It cannot be transported in a pocket.

It has a sleep mode, carrying cases exist, and the 3DS wasn't pocket sized either if you didn't get the baby size 3DS or wear cargo shorts. What a terrible argument.

JustANerd12 posted...
This console change is just an attempt to save a system that was rapidly becoming a failure.

Funny, here everyone else thought it was the natural progression of the series onto a system that is a huge success and financial boon. There's a factually incorrect argument.

JustANerd12 posted...
Finally, many are arguing that all of this can be overlooked if it means getting better, more realistic graphics. Although a valid argument, I think that the current graphics are the most compelling reason not to move the series to the Switch. The cartoon style of Pokemon is huge part of its charm and a staple of the series.

Pokemon's style is held back by the 3DS's low resolution and weak system power. Look at how Mario or Kirby, other cartoon-style brightly colored games, shine on HD systems, while the 3DS struggles to run Pokemon both this and last generation. The Switch can give Pokemon the graphical detail the 3DS tried to, without bringing the framerate to a halt. Also a factually incorrect argument.

... So, altogether, this post was a nice combination of factually incorrect arguments, easily debunked ones with just a little reasonable thought, and opinionated assertions with little basis in reality. Good topic, TC.
Official Jirachi of the Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon boards.

User Info: green dragon

green dragon
5 months ago#15
The 3ds had two generations like all of the other handheld systems (except gba, which only had one gen)

User Info: supremeblaster

supremeblaster
5 months ago#16
It is very much possible to transport in a pocket, TC. Detach the joycons and put them in the same pocket and you're done. You could also try to put it in joycons attached normally, but it would stick out a bit. Either way, it's factually transportable in a pocket without issues.

People act like it's some monster size but it's actually smaller than a Vita without joycons, and about an inch longer with. Width is the same.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: ShadowElite86

ShadowElite86
5 months ago#17
DiduXD posted...
Only reason I'm buying a Switch.
GT: ShadowElite86

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
5 months ago#18
I own both a 3DS and a switch. While I have my own doubts about the transition (mostly paid online, Game Freak's inexperience with HD, costs and a minor portability of the Switch) I don't fully agree with you. First, numbers clearly show that the switch wasn't a sinking boat to save as you implied. The launch was actually a success. Second, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the system, but the fact you're saying that you can't easily pause it makes me think not much. The switch has a sleep mode exactly as the 3DS. Sure, you can't just close it due to its design but the function is the same. About the graphics, we know nothing about how the next game will look like. It still may respect the current art style (and probably will). Said that, Nintendo is a company. Is it that strange that they are trying to make more money? Gaming systems are not eternal. NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS,etc. Sooner or later there will be a newer, more powerful, model and an upgrade will be required. Pokemon can't remain on 3DS,exactly as it couldn't remain on DS or GBA or GBC or GB before. Is the Switch the ideal console for it? Maybe not, but is definitely too soon to give an answer

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
5 months ago#19
JustANerd12 posted...

Switch recently passed 10 million, didn’t it? Doesn’t seem like much of a failure. :/
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
5 months ago#20
LuigiFan835 posted...
JustANerd12 posted...

Switch recently passed 10 million, didn’t it? Doesn’t seem like much of a failure. :/

I hadn’t even noticed that part of his post.

Lmao can’t belive I even took this topic seriously,
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Moving to Switch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived