N3DSXL discontinued in Europe, only 2DS line left in production

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. N3DSXL discontinued in Europe, only 2DS line left in production

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 months ago#21
Pianomanfreak posted...
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/617153/New+Nintendo+3DS+XL+appears+discontinued+in+Europe/ apparently that person is not kidding.

the article quotes the thread the TC posted, so I wouldn't necessarily say it's reliable
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
4 months ago#22
Looks like another case of fake news....

User Info: Bazelgeuse

Bazelgeuse
4 months ago#23
Time to sell it I guess. If they arent making any more games..

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
4 months ago#24
My local game store cleared out all 3ds games and put n2ds on sale.

Only switch amd ps4 worth their shelf space.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
4 months ago#25
Haven't seen N3DSXL's in stores for a while, just stacks and stacks of 2DS's and N2DSXL's. Don't understand why they stopped producing the best model, but keep making and pushing the budget models.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

User Info: SolidZone

SolidZone
4 months ago#26
Bazelgeuse posted...
Time to sell it I guess. If they arent making any more games..

Have fun playing 3DS games on the Switch. Oh wait...

User Info: Mysticx

Mysticx
4 months ago#27
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
Haven't seen N3DSXL's in stores for a while, just stacks and stacks of 2DS's and N2DSXL's. Don't understand why they stopped producing the best model, but keep making and pushing the budget models.

Well, the 3D function was a gimmick that never really caught on, how many games made actual gameplay use of it? Super Mario 3D land with those perspective-trickery hidden rooms?

Sure, the 3DS-line is on its way out, that much is obvious, Switch is going full force now, so no need to keep the old system around, anybody who thought 3DS had much coming after this Winter was being pretty optimistic...

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
4 months ago#28
dizanimator posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
2ds is basically just replacing the 3ds, this is like the ps3 slim replacing the ps3, nothing to see here

I think the slim can do everything the ps3 can do, but the 2DS can't play in 3D like the 3DS can.

3D isn't a big thing anymore and it isn't something people use that often from what I heard so I rather have a cheaper 2DS on the market rather than the 3DS
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. N3DSXL discontinued in Europe, only 2DS line left in production

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived