New 3ds XL defect?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 3ds XL defect?

User Info: Taishi_Ci

Taishi_Ci
4 months ago#1
Hey there just curious if anyone with a New 3ds XL has this same problem. I just picked up a Samus Edition XL and I noticed that when closed the left side of the top screen doesn't sit flush. it is off by maybe 2 to 4mm. While this may sound very OCD of me, I find this extremely annoying. I called Nintendo and the tech looked at several versions to see if they sit flush and he said they did. I'm thinking about taking it back to LameStop for an exchange unless this seems to be something very common that I just have to get over. My last red 3ds xl also had defects in the case itself that bothered the hell out of me.
Rise, if you would... For that is our curse

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
4 months ago#2
It's normal. A simple observation tells me the reason for the one side being higher up than the other is because the D-pad on the bottom left is raised a bit higher than the buttons on the right side, keeping it slightly more raised in the air on the left side.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
4 months ago#3
Samus edition here. I don't notice anything. Both rubber pads to the left and right of the camera make contact to the left and right of the home button when closed.

Taishi_Ci
4 months ago#4
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Samus edition here. I don't notice anything. Both rubber pads to the left and right of the camera make contact to the left and right of the home button when closed.

This is what I figured. They are holding one at the Gamestop to swap out for me. I may be annoying, but whatever I paid $200 for it.

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
4 months ago#5
This is not a defect and all N3DS/XL's are like that, I have 4 of them and 2 standard N3DS and on all of them the left side is not as closed as the right even if the 2 rubber pads on top are touching the bottom portion of the console.

You are going to return it for no reason whatsoever.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

User Info: PSO_

PSO_
4 months ago#6
Playing the Nintendo QA lottery is a risky gamble. Could land you with a faulty screen or worse. Gamestop isn't known to have a generous return policy.

User Info: Oshawottownage

Oshawottownage
4 months ago#7
PrettyBoyMarth posted...
This is not a defect and all N3DS/XL's are like that, I have 4 of them and 2 standard N3DS and on all of them the left side is not as closed as the right even if the 2 rubber pads on top are touching the bottom portion of the console.

Yeah.

Too many people freak out over tiny “defects” that aren’t even defects or are user error.
I am definitely not an alt.
Official oshawott of the 3DS board

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
4 months ago#8
@PrettyBoyMarth posted...

I'm not getting what you and TC are seeing. The 2 rubber pads hit the bottom of the console but I don't see where the left side is not flush. My system looks fine.

Taishi_Ci
4 months ago#9
Oshawottownage posted...
PrettyBoyMarth posted...

Yeah.

Too many people freak out over tiny “defects” that aren’t even defects or are user error.

Not sure how a system not closing flush would be a user error, but ok. It seems many people's situations vary when it comes to this issue so I'd say it's valid to expect some sort of standard to be.met with a $200 device.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
4 months ago#10
Any way you can take a picture of the 3DS closed, showing this problem you have with it so that maybe everyone can compare it to theirs?
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 3ds XL defect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived