What are your final thoughts on the 3DS era?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are your final thoughts on the 3DS era?

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
7 months ago#11
themegaman7 posted...
Best handheld ever made bar none and the first console to be able to stand on par with the almighty Snes and PS1. It's that good.

3DS had no masterpieces, GB/GBC/GBA had more than a handful. Mmm...
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Ludorff

Ludorff
7 months ago#12
3DS have it's weaknesses, but for many reasons (most what TreasureHunterG said), I think it's the best nintendo handheld ever. For exemple, Game Boy Advance (my second favorite) had weak points too. The original GBA had the perfect shape but a badly lit screen. Only 6 millions units out of the 80+ millions GBA sold had the later 101 bright screen that most people seek nowadays. Back in the GBA era, I did not play much of it because of it's screen.
Now if we speak strictly about games, maybe it's true that the GBA had more original masterprieces, but the fact that a 3DS can play games of every period of time improves it's value a lot. And 3DS original games are good enough if we talk about the big first party titles. More than enough great choices for the time I have to play them.

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
7 months ago#13
I liked it.
I think it might be the last generation of gaming systems that will have the kinds of games I actually like, unfortunately. The stuff on the Switch is mostly not for me. Sony isn't going to have another portable. This might be the end for me.
The PS2 / original XBox / Game Cube was the last generation where I liked the games on home consoles.
Up until recently, the portable systems had games like that. With the Switch... it's trying to be like more recent home consoles, and that's not for me, so I will have nostalgia for the system for some time until I quit gaming altogether because there's nothing I like any more.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
7 months ago#14
"Was"? Oh so they discontinued 3ds now?
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Milennin

Milennin
7 months ago#15
It was fine, but I prefer the DS era over it. I wish they'd never gone for 3D and instead focused on higher screen resolution. The screen is just so bad to play in 2017. It was bad back when it came out, but now it's simply unacceptable.
http://i.imgur.com/sZaF1KF.gif

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
7 months ago#16
Incredibly underpowered, and missed some games from the DS era such as Castlevania.
Still great, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
7 months ago#17
PSP has better graphics for most of its games ever made I don’t care what anyone says. Nintendo dropped the ball in the graphics department. They should have made the 3ds with a better graphics card chip or whatever they call that.

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
7 months ago#18
Not amazing as the DS but still good.
DS was had better and more titles in its library .
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
7 months ago#19
Great library awful console
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
7 months ago#20
Very slow start but things got better. After I got tired of the games I got at launch, I went back to DS games I missed out on while waiting on OoT3D. I experienced 999 during this time, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are your final thoughts on the 3DS era?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived