Pokemon Game Card doesn't load, but Pokebank reads it

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Game Card doesn't load, but Pokebank reads it

User Info: Tayllus

Tayllus
5 months ago#1
I have this Game Card of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for about an year and half and it used to work just fine, but after some time I didn't played it anymore. I was going to pick it up again these days and when I tried to load the game, the message in black appears An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button...
I searched for almost every solution available on the internet.
Tested on my other 3ds - didn't load
Tried to load the game offline - nope
Deleted the extra data in the SD card so I could redownload the updates - nothing
Cleaned both the cartridge slot and game card with isopropyl alcohol - nothing again
I even opened the cartridge to try cleaning it better - Nada

Then, I wanted to check if at least the 3DS would recognize the game, so I went to the pokebank using the AS and the 3DS reads it. I can move pokemon freely between game card and pokebank and it works just fine.
If the cartridge was damaged, I guess the pokebank wouldn't read it, right?
Does anyone know anything of this? :S

User Info: Tayllus

Tayllus
5 months ago#2
Forgot to mention, but all my other games are working. It is just the Pokemon AS

User Info: ObtuseAngina

ObtuseAngina
5 months ago#3
Are the contacts clean on it? maybe give them a cleaning with some rubbing alcohol.
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_.....GCE Entertaining New Ideas.
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,... 1.048596

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
5 months ago#4
I recommend moving all your Pokemon off the game card. Your old game card may be showing it's age and needs to be replaced.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Game Card doesn't load, but Pokebank reads it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived