Bought Oracle of Seasons and Ages while on sale

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Bought Oracle of Seasons and Ages while on sale

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
2 months ago#1
I missed out playing these when they were released so I thought $6 for both is a pretty good deal.

These are very underrated games. Just beat the first dungeon in Seasons and it's amazing.

I think the sale ends in about 4 hours. If you don't have these and like Zelda don't miss out!

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
2 months ago#2
I bought them at full price waaay when they released for the first time..or whenever it was they had the deal going on between the two games. Yep, they're pretty solid Zelda titles. Hm...kinda want to play Link's Awakening DX again now that you speak of GBC games...
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 months ago#3
spacecowboymike posted...
These are very underrated games.

Do you even understand what underrated mean?
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
2 months ago#4
Salocool posted...
These are very underrated games.

Do you even understand what underrated mean?

Meaning they never get brought up when discussing the greatest Zelda games? It's always OoT, ALttP, WW...etc.

Salocool
2 months ago#5
Meaning they never get brought up when discussing the greatest Zelda games? It's always OoT, ALttP, WW...etc.

The main reason is that Link's Awakening is a superior game in every way using the exact same engine while predating Capcom's OoA and OoS.

They're both fantastic titles which were VERY highly praised by critics, yet vastly derivative from Awakening; Oot, LttP, WW, MM, TloZ, etc. didn't had that glaring issue and brought much more to the table.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

User Info: Bosuonparedo

Bosuonparedo
2 months ago#6
Link's Awakening is very good but to call the Oracle games simply "derivative" because they are based on the same basic engine is doing them a disservice. They have some of the best dungeon designs in the whole series, the new items were fun (especially the Magnet glove!) and the ability to connect the two games - in either order! - is really something special.

It's like calling MM "derivative" because it was based on OoT's engine.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
2 months ago#7
You're in for a great time.
Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey
Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BUY!

Salocool
2 months ago#8
Bosuonparedo posted...
It's like calling MM "derivative" because it was based on OoT's engine.

MM does something completely novel by setting the world in a 3 days loop and allowing for mask transformations.

OoA and OoS simply add a gimmick to change the overworld layout.

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
2 months ago#9
Salocool posted...
OoA and OoS simply add a gimmick to change the overworld layout.

Plus pointless collect-a-thons, forced mini-games, and an annoying password system to pad out the games.

Salocool
2 months ago#10
Maetch posted...
Plus pointless collect-a-thons, forced mini-games, and an annoying password system to pad out the games.

Dunno, didn't had any problem with these aspects. As I stated, I believe these are tremendous games, but unworthy of a spot on a top Zelda list as Awakening steal the spot on that engine.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Bought Oracle of Seasons and Ages while on sale

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived