mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

User Info: ChronoCactaur

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#11
Zero_Maniac posted...
I don't see what the problem with 2 item slots is. Minish Cap and the GB(C) Zeldas are much better than a lot of the later entries like Skyward Sword and the DS Zeldas.

Well, you definitely got me there. =P

The lack of item slots was arguably the only real flaw of the earlier handheld Zeldas, honestly. I dunno why I can't get into Link's Awakening or the Oracle games but Minish Cap is easy for me to go back to, for the most part. Maybe it's Toon Link, I dunno. =/

CanibusRtJ posted...

not at all. I didn't even have a huge GB library growing up, it was only until I got older I was able to play a lot more of the library. Add in the Game Boy color and advance games, and you get one hell of a library.

Out of the incarnations, I probably had more GBC and GBA games, as by that time I could actually buy games on my own.

Without the Color and Advance games, it wouldn't be a very remarkable library. When I was growing up, literally the only Game Boy games I ever played were Super Mario Land 2 and the Pokemons. I didn't get into Zelda until my 10th birthday in 2001, granted, but if I was I MIGHT have at least sampled Link's Awakening.

Heck, my current game boy library consists of mostly Kirby games and other 1st party releases anyway. 18 Gameboy games and 22 Advance games, thankfully very few ports.
Main Channel: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
Temple Of The Azure Flame. All Games. No BS.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 months ago#12
ok..and?

the 3DS' library wouldn't be all that good without the DS games. The library by itself is alright, but not on the level of the DS.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 months ago#13
ChronoCactaur posted...
The lack of item slots was arguably the only real flaw of the earlier handheld Zeldas, honestly. I dunno why I can't get into Link's Awakening or the Oracle games but Minish Cap is easy for me to go back to, for the most part. Maybe it's Toon Link, I dunno. =/

The GBC visuals can take some getting used to. I still don't find them to be aesthetically pleasing like Minish Cap, but I do enjoy the puzzles and exploration. They really deserve proper remakes.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#14
Zero_Maniac posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...

The GBC visuals can take some getting used to. I still don't find them to be aesthetically pleasing like Minish Cap, but I do enjoy the puzzles and exploration. They really deserve proper remakes.
I feel like I'll wind up liking Link's Awakening more than the Oracles after everything is said and done. One reason I liked LTTP so much was because of the huge amount of dungeons. Lots of variety, that way. And AFAIK, Link's Awakening has a similarly high dungeon count, so yeah.

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#15
CanibusRtJ posted...
ok..and?

the 3DS' library wouldn't be all that good without the DS games. The library by itself is alright, but not on the level of the DS.

Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot alone pretty much trump every previous handheld Kirby game, aside from maybe Super Star Ultra. The Zelda output on 3DS alone is better than any previous handheld, and while the DS ones are weaksauce, adding them on to the 3DS output only makes it look better. Mario game output is insane because most of the 3DS sequels were better than the originals on DS. New Super Mario Bros. 2 > New Super Mario Bros, for example. Super Mario 3D Land is a better-realized handheld 3D Mario game than the 64 remake, we went from just having Mario Hoops to having full-fledged Mario Golf+Tennis sequels and Sports SuperStars on top of that. The first handheld Pikmin game, the best Metroid game since the GBA days, best handheld Yoshi games since... the GBA YI port, arguably the best Animal Crossing game of all time, and so on and so on.

I'll at least concede that DS had the best Pokemon output. The only truly exceptional Pokemon games on 3DS are Ultra Sun/Moon (Vanilla or Ultra, really). Going from 2D to 3D was rough for Gamefreak, and they kinda wasted time on the Gen 3 remakes I feel. But none of these games top HeartGold/SoulSilver or Gen 5.

The epic thing is, I'm sure I'm missing some games being mentioned. =P

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 months ago#16
meh.

glad we're entitled to our opinions, because I don't agree with most of yours.

NSMB2 was uninspired. The coin gimmick got old fast.

Was never a big fan of 3D zeldas, so MM/OoT 3d weren't that exciting for me. Loved LBW on par with other top down zeldas.

I get it, you love the 3DS library. I just don't think it trumps the ones I listed in the order I did.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#17
Well I'm trying to not factor in personal opinions here, strictly speaking about what the games offered.

EVERY NSMB game after the original is uninspired. But gameplay-wise NSMB2 IS superior to the original. That said, the original was a little more original with having Bowser Jr as the midbosses and having orignal world bosses.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived