What are your top 3 disappointment in any 3DS titles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are your top 3 disappointment in any 3DS titles

User Info: SuperWiiCube64

SuperWiiCube64
5 months ago#51
Blayshy posted...
Guys, you can't explain your choices?

Why don't you just shut up about people not going into full explanations. Just let people say what they want regardless of length and move on.
"Now you're playing with power!"

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
5 months ago#52
Federation Force - I actually thought it had a cool premise (I was never opposed to a Metroid spinoff starring the feds.) Just ended up being a bit too much of a Space Soccer Sim for me to care for it.

Paper Jam - I really loved seeing my man Paper Mario back in the RPG realm where he belongs. But he was a rather button mash-y character to control and everything else about the game felt rather repetitive, phoned in. Toad spam isn't my cup of tea.

Code of Princess - I didn't really expect a whole lot out of this - it is a beat 'em up, after all - but it managed to fall into the usual blandness that the genre reeks of.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
5 months ago#53
NSMB2
PMD:GTI
PM:SS

Went into all three games expecting good things, and was disappointed for all three.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: forteanoter

forteanoter
5 months ago#54
Sonic generations, rayman legends,and dkc returns.
One does not simply x

User Info: Stuckdogg

Stuckdogg
5 months ago#55
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Pretty bland and the handholding/cutscenes seemingly every time you enter a new area on the map made it feel like a slog. US/UM still has it's problems but is a much better version.

Ever Oasis

Not a bad game but a bit too simple in both combat and "town building" simming. Tried to do both and neither was satisfying. A cute enough game though. Don't know if they are going to try to do a sequel on the Switch or anything.

Crosswords Plus

Probably a weird one, but I haven't played a large amount of 3DS games and like most of them. It doesn't have nearly enough large puzzles. Vast majority are small or medium size and they lock some stuff behind the super easy ones that are incredibly boring to do. Only bought it for $3 used so I can't complain too much.
PSN - flyingoctopus
3DS Friend Code - 3797-6206-0412

User Info: Rittu

Rittu
5 months ago#56
Pokémon X & Y, honestly turned me off buying the newer Pokémon games.

Also, the second half of Bravely Default. Still put over 100 hours of work into that game, none the less. Great gameplay.

Edit: Can't really think of a 3rd at the moment, I really appreciate the 3Ds games I've played and own. Maybe Resident Evil Mercernaries? I'm just not a big fan of the arcade shooter but the game does a great job of it so it's still good for what it is. I dunno.
Currently playing: SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
5 months ago#57
Unskippable tutorials
Excessive handholding
Unskippable cutscenes
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
5 months ago#58
I think I understand this topic title...let me take a whack at it...

Mario Tennis Open (No Power Shots, Gimmick Courts, Item Battles, Cut scenes, personality, etc...)
The lack of the features I mentioned in parenthesis devastated me to great lengths, especially coming off of how amazing Power Tennis, one of the best Mario Sports games of all time. Why did Camelot throw all of that out the window?

Super Mario Maker 3DS (No amiibo costumes, course search option, etc.)
I would've gladly taken this version had it been a straightup port of the Wii U version. Not gonna happen, and the Super Mario Challenge mode isn't enough to fill in that hole for me.

Mario Party: Island Tour (Everything)
Broken board rules, boring mini games, poor content...wow, never in all my life have I been disappointed with a Mario Party game.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: toaduniversity9

toaduniversity9
5 months ago#59
Mario Party: Island Tour/Star Rush/The Top 100

These games are boring, and have very little redeeming pros. Compared to the N64, and GCN Mario Parties these ones are lackluster.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

This game ruined Paper Mario. Battles are meaningless. All you need to do if find the HP hearts, find the right "things" and beat the game.

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

This is the only M&L game I couldn't finish. The Toad mission are tedious, and the overworld feels very boring, and NSMBish (same w/ sticker star).
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of if not the best spin off to a franchise ever!
#Twintelle4Smash5

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
5 months ago#60
SuperWiiCube64 posted...
Blayshy posted...
Guys, you can't explain your choices?

Why don't you just shut up about people not going into full explanations. Just let people say what they want regardless of length and move on.

1. No need to be a dick about it.
2. It's more interesting to read the exact reason(s) rather than just the title of the game(s).
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What are your top 3 disappointment in any 3DS titles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived