Which game should I get for Christmas?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which game should I get for Christmas?

User Info: MinishBreloom

3 months ago#1
I really don't know - Results (123 votes)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
28.46% (35 votes)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
21.14% (26 votes)
Metroid: Samus Returns
39.84% (49 votes)
Other (Please specify)
10.57% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I need to get one of them, and I'm not sure which one is the best. Which do you recommend?
Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my Lord and Savior.

User Info: Justice98405

3 months ago#2
You have three VERY different types of games.

In Xenoblade you have a massive, sprawling JRPG with very MMO-like combat, even though it's a completely single-player game.

In Fire Emblem you have a SRPG through and through (I haven't played my copy yet but I have played multiple titles in the series over the years).

And in Metroid: Samus Returns you have a very strong re-imaging of the second Metroid game, with very Super Metroid-like elements in it, for sure.

So which genre of game do you want more right now? That will tell you. They're all three worth getting I'm sure, so I'm guessing it's a matter of which one you get FIRST, right? :)
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: marioparty17

3 months ago#3
in my ranking order

if you played the other FE games, SoV is a more simper game , i would just recommend Xeno 3d.

metroid nice too
Dabbing on these fools http://i.imgur.com/ft1WzgK.jpg http://imgur.com/a/wWlpX
http://imgur.com/WWb2RgK http://imgur.com/mkzNjVR http://imgur.com/Z4vTVHg

User Info: ecylis

3 months ago#4
marioparty17 posted...

As a huge Metroid fan, SR was disappointing

User Info: Christmas

3 months ago#5
Now now, I already own all of these games but if you insist, message me for my shipping address.

However, if you wanted to play these at some point, I recommend the two others over Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

The combat system is a faux-MMO tab-targetting style. Once you learn the optimal rotation (order of which you press your abilities for maximum damage output), since it's an offline game that doesn't have continuous updates and new content, that is pretty much it for combat. There are other factors such as positioning for extra damage, but for the most part after this point the game becomes a cool-down timer waiting game. You stand still and spam your abilities in the right order until the enemy in front of you dies.

The illusion of strategy is definitely there, and if you choose to believe it then you might have a decent time. However, if you truly do a good job making your character strong through equipment and skill choices, it's literally just standing in place spamming your abilities as soon as they come off cooldown.
A disappointing revelation of modern minds of today:

User Info: ParagonCrossing

3 months ago#6
Xenoblade is absolutly huge, that's definatly the biggest bang for your buck...
but you can't go wrong with a short and sweet game like Samus Returns...
but SoV is also a great game

all three are fantastic choices tbh, you couldn't go wrong with either
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: Blayshy

3 months ago#7
What games do you already have?
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

3 months ago#8
I honestly can't recommend Xenoblade Chronicles at all. It's got a good soundtrack and a rather nice art style, but that's honestly about it. Combat is boring, the story takes forever to get to anything remotely interesting. Side quests are tedious padding. The only reason I didn't regret buying it was because I managed to sell it for more than I paid for it.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: MinishBreloom

3 months ago#9
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I already have all the 3DS Zeldas and the rest of the Fire Emblem games. I also just got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I'm not sure if I should go into another giant JRPG.
Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my Lord and Savior.

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

3 months ago#10
Three fantastic choices.

They’re all very different, so I’d consider what it is that you’re looking for.

Xenoblade is just phenomenal all around though, I can’t recommend it enough. My favorite game ever.
"De edu sud tovouk General Scales!" - General Scales, Star Fox Adventures
StarD86 is forever my hero!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which game should I get for Christmas?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived