Anyone else unable to launch Flipnote Studio 3D all of a sudden?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else unable to launch Flipnote Studio 3D all of a sudden?

User Info: elitepeach

elitepeach
5 months ago#1
Decided to look at some of my old animations but I'm stopped by the message "You need to update this software before you can launch it."

This is the first time I've tried to use it in several months, so I'm not sure when it started.

I went to the eShop but couldn't find it via searching. Checking the updates page only lists Youtube and Smash. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated!
3DS FC: 0903-2759-4717

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
5 months ago#2
Yes I tried it yesterday and it said that
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
5 months ago#3
just looked it up, you have to update it via "Redownloadable Software" -> "Your Downloads"
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
5 months ago#4
11.6 forces people to update to the latest version, because Nintendo fixed it with an update to patch the old version that allowed it run an exploit to run homebrew. So when you updated to 11.6, you set a minimum version for Flipnote Studio, which needs the update. When you go to launch it after letting the system look online for a bit for updates to installed software, it will say an update is available and prompt you to update it, which will start the download.

Since you haven't had the console on in a few months, it takes a while to poll the eShop servers to find out which updates are available.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

elitepeach
5 months ago#5
Thanks guys. It wasn't in Redownloadable Software because it was already downloaded, but I did finally manage to find it under "Your Ratings." I updated it from there.

Strangely enough, I've left it connected to the internet and in sleep mode for a long time but it never did pick up the update. It usually does. I've been actively using my 3DS, but that was the 1st time I've tried to launch the game in about 7 months or so.

Ben111
5 months ago#6
I updated it to! Thanks for making this topic TC!

elitepeach
5 months ago#7
Ben111 posted...

Sure thing! Glad it helped you as well.

Ben111
5 months ago#8
elitepeach posted...
Ben111 posted...

What happened to it? I tried to go online but it said I needed to type in an id? How do I just browse them online?

User Info: Semi-DemiFiend

Semi-DemiFiend
5 months ago#9
Ben111 posted...
elitepeach posted...
Ben111 posted...

What happened to it? I tried to go online but it said I needed to type in an id? How do I just browse them online?

There isn't any online. The online portion was never implemented in the west.
upload:ok

Ben111
5 months ago#10
Semi-DemiFiend posted...
Ben111 posted...
elitepeach posted...
Ben111 posted...

There isn't any online. The online portion was never implemented in the west.

What? I remember playing it on my dsi
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else unable to launch Flipnote Studio 3D all of a sudden?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived