Buying Refurbished New 3DS systems: Nintendo site or GameStop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buying Refurbished New 3DS systems: Nintendo site or GameStop?

User Info: DavidZ2844

DavidZ2844
4 months ago#1
So on Nintendo's official website they sell refurbished New 3DS (non XL) systems for $125, but GameStop also sells them for $99. I know it may seems like a no brainer to go with the official Nintendo ones, but $25 is a decent amount cheaper.

Does anyone have any experience with getting refurbished 3DS models from either place? If the GameStop ones aren't bad, I might go with the cheaper option, especially since they still have refurbished Pokémon 20th anniversary models, which Nintendo doesn't have. But if it's really worth paying the extra $25 for the Nintendo sold ones, then I'm willing to do that.

I would just buy it new but the non XL New 3DS models are unfortunately discontinued, which is a shame since I much prefer a smaller more portable handheld rather than the enormous XL systems.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 months ago#2
Nintendo.
Comes in looking like new.
If you’re super cheap their 2ds is very budget price
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: elitepeach

elitepeach
4 months ago#3
Well, I can't say I've ever purchased a refurbished system from Gamestop, but in my experience, the ones from Nintendo's online store are almost brand-new. The one I got from them had perfect, new screens -- I kind of doubt Gamestop replaces any parts.

I would say that it would be worth the extra $25 to get it from Nintendo. When you buy from a place like GS, you don't know what you're getting or what kind of problems the system might have.
3DS FC: 0903-2759-4717

User Info: soetem

soetem
4 months ago#4
Nintendo because you get an automatic one year warranty that renews if you ever need to send it in.
Rings do nothing unless worn!

User Info: dizanimator

dizanimator
4 months ago#5
I bought one from Nintendo earlier this year. It looks brand new, and came with Nintendo's warranty.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Buying Refurbished New 3DS systems: Nintendo site or GameStop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived