Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
5 months ago#51
Braev posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (I honestly played far worst games on the 3DS than this, which I thought was great but not first two games great)

This for sure. A very underrated game that's only hated because it's not another retread of PM and TTYD.

No online, no buy

sorry

I don't see why online would be important in SS.

Terra-enforcer posted...
@SeamusOHassey posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (I honestly played far worst games on the 3DS than this, which I thought was great but not first two games great)

This for sure. A very underrated game that's only hated because it's not another retread of PM and TTYD.

It's hated on for its piss easy battle system and convoluted boss battle weaknesses. You don't win based on skill as a player, you win by using the one random item, and often times the specific item you're supposed to use isn't obvious. Not to mention the fact that battles are essentially useless. Money isn't hard to come by, and since there's no exp, half the damn game (or debatably even more) is obsolete. Then there's generic toads replacing unique characters, a simplified battle system, generic locations, etc.

Don't get it twisted. There are PLENTY of reasons to hate on SS. Color Splash sure as hell wasn't a TTYD sequel, but a lot of people liked it enough (even then it still shared some problems with SS).

I'm not calling it a perfect game because some things could have been done better, but the game has a sense of exploration and discovery, something that was missing from PM and TTYD. It's also fairly nonlinear unlike PM and TTYD.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Terra-enforcer

Terra-enforcer
5 months ago#52
SeamusOHassey posted...
I'm not calling it a perfect game because some things could have been done better, but the game has a sense of exploration and discovery, something that was missing from PM and TTYD. It's also fairly nonlinear unlike PM and TTYD.

It takes a hell of a lot more than nonlinearity to make a game good. That's a pretty s***ty pro when there's so many cons intrinsic to the game as a whole. And I'd call it more heavy backtracking with slight side paths as opposed to fully "non-linear" since there's so many roadblocks in your way. And it's even s***tier when literally the CORE of the experience aka the battles are useless and piss easy other than the times they make you guess for random ass stickers to beat the bosses.

And don't backtrack. You acted as if people hated SS because it wasn't TTYD. That sure as hell ain't close to any truth with as many issues it has. For every one good thing about it, there's easily three bad things.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3032-7898-9500
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

User Info: llysender

llysender
5 months ago#53
The_Ninjadillo posted...
Sharebear420 posted...
The_Ninjadillo posted...
Sharebear420 posted...
rune factory looks like a farmville game tbh

Didn't know that Farmville was an action RPG.

Seems like that’s only 15% of the game and the rest is farm stuff, from the videos I’ve seen.

It's the opposite. In fact, you can skip farming entirely as it has no relation to the main plot. It's less "action RPG combined with farming" and more "action RPG with farming on the side."

Farming isn't even a great money maker until the post game when you can start making Gold Juice.

I'm still pissed that salmon isn't as broken as RF3 ease of fishing to cash income wise.

User Info: brunocar

brunocar
5 months ago#54
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D, it had so much potential, but even then, for anyone that loves mercs its fantastic, its also probably the best way to get into the game mode, since the tutorials do all the explaining rather than the trial and error of the past versions
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived