Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

User Info: Braev

Braev
4 months ago#11
RF4 is a masterpiece imo, definitely deserves more recognition. Though I think I read it ended up being the best selling entry in the series, but I guess that wasn't enough. I hope Marvelous does something with the series as I heard they hired some of the Neverland staff.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
4 months ago#12
That staff got stuck doing minor stuff, their last work was Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven which is...meh.

Marvelous will never do anything with the IP. But let's suppose they do: it won't come even close to RF4.

Case in point: RF4 only got to be this giant, beautiful mess of a monstrous game because it basically was built on top of the same engine used in the other 3 iterations. In other words, it took many years and a lot of games to reach the pinnacle we have in RF4.

If they were to release a new RF nowadays, it would require a new engine, new GFX and assets, at which point the final product can't possibly even touch a small fraction of the content available in RF4. It's a lose/lose scenario.

User Info: RAS1003

RAS1003
4 months ago#13
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/281848293035484034/79DA9DD78E580A09F55C2001F194D897004C7836/

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#14
StephenYap3 posted...
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (I honestly played far worst games on the 3DS than this, which I thought was great but not first two games great)

The amount of copies sold says that it can't be garbage (like Metroid Other M for example, which was discounted within a month or so). Simple as that.
I also liked it.

Yeah, it has no XP etc. etc. etc. but I don't care.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 months ago#15
Need for Speed: The Run. Best racing game on the 3DS that isn't Mario Kart 7.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
4 months ago#16
Return To Popolcrois seriously good HM RPG merger I enjoyed it more then RF4

Dragon Ball Fusions a really good rpg that needs a sequel. I loved how you flew around not walked. The downside is the racing minigame that can be skipped at least.

Mercenary Saga 3 for $4.99 a fantastic srpg

Number Battle ok a dsi game but a really good puzzle strategy game also good AI opponents. This needs a secind game.

Epic Wordsearch Holiday Edition game ok not good for long durations but great for five minute breaks anyone can play this game without asking how to play it. It can though be tricky since the puzzles are gigantic. The 10k Wordsearch game is also good but headachy if you play too long.

User Info: Taaron

Taaron
4 months ago#17
Not sure what is under rated that I can toss up here.

CanibusRtJ posted...
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

Don't let the name or licensed property fool you...this is a nice strat RPG developed by Wayforward.

Thought that game was terrible personally. I expected more out of Wayforward.

TinyTim123 posted...
Return to Popolocrois - A Story of Seasons Fairytale.

Tragically overlooked for a good and nice turn based RPG. I've bought multiple copies of the game to give to different people, and all of them have appreciated it and enjoyed the game, despite having had little to no interest in it before trying it for themselves.

Was meh on this one myself. Battle system was okay but could have been better, HM elements were disappointing, and the story had a overly sweet and innocent feel to it... which isn't bad but can be dull at times. Won't say this is a bad game though, just not to my tastes.
Gun Gun Leon Gunleon, Gun Gun Leon Gunleon,
Gun Gun Leon Gunleon, Gun Gun Leon Gun Land Crasher

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
4 months ago#18
Taaron posted...
Was meh on this one myself. Battle system was okay but could have been better, HM elements were disappointing, and the story had a overly sweet and innocent feel to it... which isn't bad but can be dull at times. Won't say this is a bad game though, just not to my tastes.

Return to Popolocrois isn't without flaws, with the game being rather easy unless you set difficulty to King and encounter rate to Low (difficulty and encounter rate adjustable on the fly, I want to point out), and has some repetitious bits as well.
The story... I want nice and sweet. I'm tired of grimdark.
Harvest Moon isn't a series for me, so I appreciated how the farming was all but optional in this, and not like traditional Harvest Moon games. One can do as much, or as little, farming as one wants, and I liked that.

The Battle System stays true to the series. It's not especially complex, but has some minor strategy involved.
I can appreciate a game not being for everyone though. I would never suggest my buddy Sixx play this game, and I hope he'd never suggest I play a GTA game seriously (though I enjoyed just cruising around and looking at the scenery in GTAV... I just had no interest in pursuing any of the game's objectives).
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: shgamer

shgamer
4 months ago#19
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Dementium Remastered

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate

3D Classics Xevious
My top 5 videogames of all time:
1. Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D 2. Soul Sacrifice Delta 3. The 3rd Birthday. 4. Resident Evil 5 5. Tutankham.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived