Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

User Info: Braev

Braev
2 months ago#1
The one that first comes to mind for me is Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. One of the first games I looked at when I got a 3DS, and I really found it enjoyable.

Another one is Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, one of my favourite games of 2012.

Both of these were received pretty well from what I remember, but I get the feeling most 3DS owners don't really notice them. I'm sure there are many others like this, what are some of your picks?
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#2
Fire emblem birthright/revelations
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
2 months ago#3
Of Mice and Sand...my personal GotY 2017!! =)

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
2 months ago#4
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark.

Don't let the name or licensed property fool you...this is a nice strat RPG developed by Wayforward.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
2 months ago#5
Fractured Soul is a really great old-school platformer on the system.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
2 months ago#6
Return to Popolocrois - A Story of Seasons Fairytale.

Tragically overlooked for a good and nice turn based RPG. I've bought multiple copies of the game to give to different people, and all of them have appreciated it and enjoyed the game, despite having had little to no interest in it before trying it for themselves.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 months ago#7
Tomodachi Life
Legend of Legacy
Pilotwings Resort
Conception II

User Info: That_one_

That_one_
2 months ago#8
Codename Steam and Rhythm
Thief

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
2 months ago#9
Yumi's Odd Odyssey/Sayonara Umihara Kawase (My third favorite 3DS platformer, right behind Shovel Knight and Kirby Triple Deluxe)

Miitopia (Seriously underrated. Beats the living snot out of any Yo-Kai Watch game in my book)

The Legend of Dark Witch

The Legend of Dark Witch 2 (Literally the 3DS game that saved 2015 for me and my favorite in the series. Had it not been for this and Hatsune Miku 3DS, 2015 would've been a disgusting year for the system...)

Brave Dungeon (Was my 3DS GOTY until I played Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions)

Fairune

Fairune 2

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

Kirby's Blowout Blast

Tetris Axis (I used to hate this, but now I warmed up to it. Definitely underrated...at least compared to Ubisoft's take on it...)

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (I honestly played far worst games on the 3DS than this, which I thought was great but not first two games great)
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: Metastase

Metastase
2 months ago#10
Rune Factory 4. So underrated in fact that the devs went bankrupt.

And this is ironic considering how popular Stardew Valley - the infinitely inferior Rune Factory 4 - got in the west.

Goes to show just how stupid and easily impressionable western gamers are these days, always going with the flock, no capacity for critical thought or a bit of product analysis whatsoever. Well, it's their loss anyways. All they'll get is more FPS and open world clones made with the same engines, only re-skinned with a different theme.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which 3DS games would you say are underrated or overlooked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived