Anyone got a SNES edition 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone got a SNES edition 3ds?

User Info: FinalFantasyVI

FinalFantasyVI
4 months ago#1
I know it is a really old topic but just wanted to know, cuz I bought this too. I had bought two Japanese SFC editions before, one for my use and the other for collection purpose. This time I did it again, ordering 2 SNES editions.

I've looked around youtube. Certainly, there are several unboxing videos, but the views and comments are not that hot. I guess it is because 3DS is facing its twilight, and Nintendo has done this a way too often, changing its skin and include super minor bonus(exclusive theme or an old game. This time it is a SNES mario kart) to attract and grasp money from old fans.

Also I saw unboxing of Samus edition, which I had never bothered to even consider buying, which was glossy and awesome. SNES edition is just like SFC edition, matte. (SFC edition is cool by itself so I am satisfied) I saw a comment that Samus edition is much cooler and one of his cousin returned a SNES edition right after the unboxing. A youtube comment is saying Galaxy edition possibly has IPS and SNES is all TN so Galaxy is better. I just started to think 'was it worth to purchase two of them?' (They haven't been shipped yet.)

Is that a fact that all SNES editions are TN paneled? My both SFC edition had dual TN but I have seen a post of gaining an IPS panel. https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-ll-super-famicom-edition-comes-with-11-0-ips-screen.436917/

I know all pros and cons of TN/IPS and even with a IPS panel, low resolution 3DS screen still is a meh. But it is true that I can have a look of a mythical IPS screen at least once. When I was ordering this, I had slight expectation of getting an IPS, at least the top screen alone. So far nobody had any IPS? How about Samus? Is it only Galaxy edition that even possible to include an IPS?

How about its look? I covered my SFC edition body with a glossy and clear type film. You think it is better to try use matte type film this time?

It isn't really well structured but bottom line is this:

All TN for SNES?
Does it look cool?
Do you recommend glossy or matte body protective film if I use one?

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
4 months ago#2
i bought 2 because i wanted one to match my nes controller 3ds.i need to get the super famicom version just to compliment it but havent had time to get one.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
4 months ago#3
Your friendly neighborhood @The_Orignal is sure to tell you all about his shiny new rare limited edition SNES New 3DS XL that came with his shiny rare not-new-'cause-it-has-a-dent limited edition SNES New 3DS XL box.

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 months ago#4
Don't buy it cause it's all TN

FinalFantasyVI
4 months ago#5
SS4kronos33 posted...
i bought 2 because i wanted one to match my nes controller 3ds.i need to get the super famicom version just to compliment it but havent had time to get one.

So you're similar to me, one for use one the other for collection. Have you opened the bix and tested your screen? I don't think I am going to cancel my order even if it is determined to be all TN but just to know

FinalFantasyVI
4 months ago#6
Finn-X posted...

That's sad.
Is that from your experience?

User Info: Finn-X

Finn-X
4 months ago#7
FinalFantasyVI posted...
Finn-X posted...

That's sad.

No I don't buy 2017 3DS models because they are proven to be built with an all TN display. I'm happy with my dual IPS Black one.

FinalFantasyVI
4 months ago#8
Finn-X posted...
FinalFantasyVI posted...
Finn-X posted...

That's sad.

No I don't buy 2017 3DS models because they are proven to be built with an all TN display. I'm happy with my dual IPS Black one.

Oh, okay.
I am asking out of curiousity, could you teach me how they are proven if you don't mind?
Has Nintendo announced to manufacture all 3DSes with TNs?
Or because so far all 3dses have been made with TN?
I have heard some Galaxy and Hyrules were with IPS, then if I find a Galaxy left in a Bestbuy, does that mean it was made in 2015? Is it possible I can get an IPS?

User Info: Roy_Turkey

Roy_Turkey
4 months ago#9
Nope, got a Galaxy Blue, (its actually purple ppl!) last year.
Wanna know what Uranium smells like?... You not need travel very far..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzbvTvlErE0

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
4 months ago#10
FinalFantasyVI posted...
Has Nintendo announced to manufacture all 3DSes with TNs?

Despite Finn's delusions, no, there is no mention anywhere of which type of LCD display the system uses.

Subject to availability, no doubt. Though at this point in in the system's life cycle I don't expect they are too miffed about getting one over the other.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone got a SNES edition 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived