Well friends. It's officially time to play the 3DS' last Pokemon game!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well friends. It's officially time to play the 3DS' last Pokemon game!

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
11 months ago#11
RhetoricalDream posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
who said the 3ds was going out? it's still selling like hotcakes and has lots of new games coming out? everyone here high?
It's not going to last forever and likely is on its last legs, but threads like this tend to come from Switch owners who believe that the reason the system is currently lacking in titles is because would-be Switch games have been released on 3DS. They want it to die so Nintendo can focus on that console full-time and justify their purchase.

Actually I'm quite anti-Switch.

It upsets me very much that Nintendo killed off the Wii U and instead of just making the Switch a console, they decided to make it a hybrid so that they would have a reason to kill off the 3DS too.
Playing: Nioh (PS4), Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

User Info: Larpnugger

Larpnugger
11 months ago#12
cloud_8f8f posted...
RhetoricalDream posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
who said the 3ds was going out? it's still selling like hotcakes and has lots of new games coming out? everyone here high?
It's not going to last forever and likely is on its last legs, but threads like this tend to come from Switch owners who believe that the reason the system is currently lacking in titles is because would-be Switch games have been released on 3DS. They want it to die so Nintendo can focus on that console full-time and justify their purchase.

Actually I'm quite anti-Switch.

It upsets me very much that Nintendo killed off the Wii U and instead of just making the Switch a console, they decided to make it a hybrid so that they would have a reason to kill off the 3DS too.
I
You can also say most want the 3ds stay so owners feel their purchase was justified the long with each remodel remake

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
11 months ago#13
outworld222 posted...
Nooooooooooo!!! I’m not into Pokémon but I hate the way the 3DS is going out. Good luck, Pokémon players!!

It's on it's way out, but don't think it's gonna die easily. Didn't the GBA die like 3 and half years before it got discontinued? And handhelds tend to get support long after their sucessor is out. The DS Got games until spring 2015, the GBA got games until 2007, the PSP got games until 2016, even the Vita, which has been dead in the west since 2014 receives games here.

So yeah, even with the Switch and the hypotetical true sucessor to the 3DS, expect games to be coming on it until at least late 2019/early 2020.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: outworld222

outworld222
11 months ago#14
Skull_pro posted...
outworld222 posted...
Nooooooooooo!!! I’m not into Pokémon but I hate the way the 3DS is going out. Good luck, Pokémon players!!

It's on it's way out, but don't think it's gonna die easily. Didn't the GBA die like 3 and half years before it got discontinued? And handhelds tend to get support long after their sucessor is out. The DS Got games until spring 2015, the GBA got games until 2007, the PSP got games until 2016, even the Vita, which has been dead in the west since 2014 receives games here.

So yeah, even with the Switch and the hypotetical true sucessor to the 3DS, expect games to be coming on it until at least late 2019/early 2020.

Hopefully!!! A couple of good games like the newly rumored zero escape!!!

User Info: RandyDragon

RandyDragon
11 months ago#15
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

also, thank you 3DS for everything you've done. It's a shame Nintendo is killing you off to force people to the Bait & Switch
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I am a Riseteer and proud of it!

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
11 months ago#16
RandyDragon posted...
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

also, thank you 3DS for everything you've done. It's a shame Nintendo is killing you off to force people to the Bait & Switch

3DS was home to the weakest Pokémon games. Switch will force Game Freak to put in a little more effort
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

RandyDragon
11 months ago#17
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

3DS was home to the weakest Pokémon games. Switch will force Game Freak to put in a little more effort

that's if the Bait & Switch survives that long (doubt it)

so you can run along back to your inferior current gen wannabe system. Let us know when you decide to stop competing with the real current gen consoles and just accept you're on par with the last-gen systems

LuigiFan835
11 months ago#18
RandyDragon posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

so you can run along back to your inferior current gen wannabe system. Let us know when you decide to stop competing with the real current gen consoles and just accept you're on par with the last-gen systems

Switch will most definitely last that long. It has been selling very well and they wouldn’t have announced Pokémon or MP4 if they had no faith in the system.

I’m not a Switch fanboy like you may envision me to be. I love the 3DS and play it much more than the Switch. Switch doesn’t advertise itself as a current gen console, does it?

RandyDragon
11 months ago#19
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

Switch will most definitely last that long. It has been selling very well and they wouldn’t have announced Pokémon or MP4 if they had no faith in the system.

I’m not a Switch fanboy like you may envision me to be. I love the 3DS and play it much more than the Switch. Switch doesn’t advertise itself as a current gen console, does it?

you've got a NS friend code in your sig.... I rest my case

and it's counted as current gen by most gaming sites (like GFAQs here), but as I've pointed out, it's last gen (with gimmicky controllers) pretending to be current gen. Once they hype dies off, it dies, and it'll sadly come at the uncalled for sacrifice of the 3DS

LuigiFan835
11 months ago#20
RandyDragon posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
RandyDragon posted...
RIP Pokemon fanchise
1996-2017

you've got a NS friend code in your sig.... I rest my case

and it's counted as current gen by most gaming sites (like GFAQs here), but as I've pointed out, it's last gen (with gimmicky controllers) pretending to be current gen. Once they hype dies off, it dies, and it'll sadly come at the uncalled for sacrifice of the 3DS

I also have my 3DS friend code in my sig. You really didn’t think this post through, did you?

Current gen isn’t classified by power, it’s classified by time. Sorry it’s so hard for you to understand. Also, let me remind you that no system with a main series Pokémon game has ever failed.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well friends. It's officially time to play the 3DS' last Pokemon game!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived