• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The future of the 3ds

User Info: Poof2daddy

Poof2daddy
1 year ago#1
I just purchased a 3ds June. Right now I have the following games

Metroid
Smash
Mario maker
Rpg maker
Zelda ocarina, majora,
Mario Kart
Super mario 3D

I see myself buying the addon for smash and getting Mario 2 and maybe a couple of new games. I love the system and I'm slowly getting. Back to gaming. What do you think will happen to this system how much longer do you think they will develop games before a new system is announced. The next question I have is what do you see happening the handheld with the smartphone. I personally think it will continue but just curious to see what other people think.
Eagles and Mariners all the way, everything i post is IMO

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
1 year ago#2
The same as it's always been. Nintendo rehashes, RPG localizations, indie games, and little in the way of anything else.
Roses are red, violets are blue
There are no objects in PUs.

User Info: Sashanan

Sashanan
1 year ago#3
I came to this system for the RPGs, and I move slowly. I should be set for some time still and the question of to Switch or not to Switch at least a year, possibly several, away.
A gentleman will walk, but never run

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
1 year ago#4
I just got into 3DS 3 weeks ago, too! =)

Considering the New 2DS XL just came out, I think they will continue the system for at least 3 years.
And my main question is how long will the Monster Hunter servers be online!!? =)

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
1 year ago#5
lali_puna posted...

Considering the New 2DS XL just came out, I think they will continue the system for at least 3 years.

when has a revision extended the life of a console? That's like saying the GBA Micro gave more life to the GBA post DS. or the DSi XL gave more life to the DS after the 3DS was released.
and I can not lie

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
1 year ago#6
I_like_BigButts posted...
lali_puna posted...

when has a revision extended the life of a console? That's like saying the GBA Micro gave more life to the GBA post DS. or the DSi XL gave more life to the DS after the 3DS was released.

They might continue production for the hardware in the next decade, but that doesn't mean they'll still be developing software for it.

User Info: I_like_BigButts

I_like_BigButts
1 year ago#7
Seacliff217 posted...
I_like_BigButts posted...
lali_puna posted...

They might continue production for the hardware in the next decade, but that doesn't mean they'll still be developing software for it.

I though that's what was the discussion. The software. That poster made it sound like a revision = extension of software.
and I can not lie

User Info: ZeldaFan14

ZeldaFan14
1 year ago#8
Hopefully the 3DS still has another 2-3 years of life in it before we get a proper successor.
https://i.imgur.com/PZZg302.gif

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 year ago#9
Addon? You mean DLC? There is no "the". There's multiple characters, mii costumes, and stages.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. The future of the 3ds
  • Topic Archived