• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Am I the only one think Pokemon Sun and Moon are terrible?

User Info: Gladiant

Gladiant
1 year ago#1
I mean it must be the worst main pokemon game ever.

I always finish every Pokemon game twice, every gen, even gen 6 but I can't bring myself replay Pokemon Sun and Moon again. The Pokemon is look ridiculous (have you seen that fish) or look boring (yeah, most Alolan Pokemon are just recolor of Kanto Pokemon and some are just tucan). Every thing is a f***ing slug in this game with many good look Pokemon with s*** tier speed (And two of them are stater as well). They also mess up some of them (Like Kadraba can't learn Confusion or Marowak can't learn Shadow Bone without Move Relearner in the f***ing E4 Pokemon Center). The Z-move are just stupid because they take item slot and can only used once for a fancy move with an ridiculous unskipable animation. Oh and the story, it is nightmare for replay because you already know all of it but no, you can't skip it, they not even let you hold A to continue and so I have see that ridiculous plot for another time. Other game have unskipable plot too but they don't take that goddam long and they don't do it everywhere you go.

I swear if it wasn't a Pokemon game I wouldn't even try to finish the first run. I just want to see if there is any redeemtion for it in the end but I don't think I had found one. The only good thing I see are no HM so yay to that.
Pokemon Moon - FC: 0190-2774-1631

User Info: Branchos

Branchos
1 year ago#2
It's a game aimed at kids, don't take it so seriously
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
1 year ago#3
I thought they were pretty good. The main thing I didn't like was that I chose to use Crabrawler and Grubbin and they couldn't fully evolve until WAY late game. But that was mainly my fault for not doing research first.

Z-Moves are pretty bad though. I don't think I ever used one to be honest. And I didn't like that it always showed you where to go on the map instead of letting you figure it out yourself... which in turn resulted in no real exploration.

But I enjoyed the trials in place of gyms and the replacement of HMs with the ride pager was great.

I actually got my first game over in a Pokemon game too with the jungle trial. That damn Lurantis and Castform combo haha.
Miss you already bud

Gladiant
1 year ago#4
Branchos posted...
It's a game aimed at kids, don't take it so seriously

I don't think even kid would want to watch that Z-move go for the thirty times it active.

Gladiant
1 year ago#5
deathguise950 posted...
I thought they were pretty good. The main thing I didn't like was that I chose to use Crabrawler and Grubbin and they couldn't fully evolve until WAY late game. But that was mainly my fault for not doing research first.

Z-Moves are pretty bad though. I don't think I ever used one to be honest. And I didn't like that it always showed you where to go on the map instead of letting you figure it out yourself... which in turn resulted in no real exploration.

But I enjoyed the trials in place of gyms and the replacement of HMs with the ride pager was great.

I actually got my first game over in a Pokemon game too with the jungle trial. That damn Lurantis and Castform combo haha.

The trial is terrible replacement for gym. Most of trial make you fight a single wild Pokemon repeatedly before you can reach the Totem Pokemon and most trial are just boring (Swim to the bubble to kill a sardine? Kill the rat to process? Very exciting.)

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
1 year ago#6
Gladiant posted...
deathguise950 posted...

The trial is terrible replacement for gym. Most of trial make you fight a single wild Pokemon repeatedly before you can reach the Totem Pokemon and most trial are just boring (Swim to the bubble to kill a sardine? Kill the rat to process? Very exciting.)

lol 'a sardine'

I guess I just liked the fact that it was something different from the norm in a pokemon game. I think that's why I liked Colosseum and XD so much too.
Miss you already bud

User Info: MasterTechno890

MasterTechno890
1 year ago#7
Gladiant posted...
deathguise950 posted...

Eh, I personally liked it. It wasn't too good, but I gotta admit it was a nice change of pace from the usual "beat 8 gym leaders, beat elite 4, etc" formula we had for the past 6 generations, even if it was similar. I wouldn't mind doing trials again as long as Game Freak gave them more lore and a much more interesting challenge then as you said, "swimming to a bubble and killing the sardine."
I have a love/hate relationship with this place.
GT: MasterTechno789

User Info: Kaeporo

Kaeporo
1 year ago#8
1. There's a massive lack of end-game content (nothing new, it's Pokemon).
2. The story pacing is awful; it's especially bad since you can't skip the lengthy cutscenes.
3. The online features are obtuse as hell. A million games in and you can't set stakes or clauses.
4. Generic z-moves are ok but the Pokemon-specific ones are a huge waste of resources.
5. They failed to expand on Mega-evolutions. This is like introducing abilities but then giving up on adding them.
6. Difficulty is nowhere to be seen (again, nothing new). This could be easily remedied at low cost.
7. The story is pretty interesting for a Pokemon game. Dialing back the scope and focusing on characters is a good move.
8. The presentation is solid (barring performance issues) and the setting is a good diversion.
9. Regional variants were a great idea. They need to keep this one going and expand it to later gen Pokemon.
10. The trial challenges were complete trash.
11. Totem battles are really, really cool. There's a lot of potential here (that they're going to squander).
12. "End-game" continues to amount to little more than bike simulator. They need to remove IVs.
Instead of getting offended you should instead become excited about having been afforded the opportunity to learn.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
1 year ago#9
The games are pretty bad. I had to force myself to beat my copy of Moon and I haven't touched it since. There are just so many poorly thought out ideas or too many instances where the game is just straight up half assed. The new Pokemon (if you can find them) are cool, no HMs is a good change... And that's kind of it for positives. Everything else is either mediocre or terrible. Characters? Awful. Story? Stupid. Trials? Boring and bland. Music? Mostly bad. Regional Pokedex? Really f***ing bad. Alola forms? Underwhelming. Region? Bland and boring. Very forgettable. Exploration? Pretty much non-existent. Pretty much everything is just not really enjoyable. Definitely my least favorite mainline Pokemon game and one of the worst games I've played in some time.
FC: 5112-4220-0277

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
1 year ago#10
Yes, you're the only one. It's great.

/thread
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Am I the only one think Pokemon Sun and Moon are terrible?
  • Topic Archived