Never thought a game could be too long... until I played M&L Dream Team

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Never thought a game could be too long... until I played M&L Dream Team

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 year ago#11
AkaneJones posted...
The issue seems to be tied to having you go to Wakeport, but do nothing there, then twice to Mount Pajama and Driftwood Shore, because of pass through. Even so if you find Mario & Luigi to be the culprit of too long you haven't played more serious offenders like Dragon Quest 7.

If that's Journey of the Cursed King that game is a nigh masterpiece. Anything that extends it should be encouraged.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://imgur.com/jjRtx0x.jpg

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
1 year ago#12
I'm proud of myself for beating Dream Team but I agree it definitely dragged on and on, especially at the end.
SNACKEROO.com - NNID/PSN: GRINDIN120

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 year ago#13
That game literally put me to sleep several times. I just couldn't get through it at all because it was that boring.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
1 year ago#14
Wario_man posted...
AkaneJones posted...
The issue seems to be tied to having you go to Wakeport, but do nothing there, then twice to Mount Pajama and Driftwood Shore, because of pass through. Even so if you find Mario & Luigi to be the culprit of too long you haven't played more serious offenders like Dragon Quest 7.

If that's Journey of the Cursed King that game is a nigh masterpiece. Anything that extends it should be encouraged.

You're thinking of 8. 7 is fragments of the forgotten past, and is a real bore.
Wow I cant believe that people dont even care about what I think and ignorin me, this is just really sad.-The_Orignal
Uh welcome to the real world?-psprulz2007

User Info: mariobro8

mariobro8
1 year ago#15
And this is one of the major reasons why Dream Team is awful.

Rather than get to the point about the dream world, let's go through 5 tutorials, and then an unnecessary trip underground!

Let's chase Brickle throughout Mushrise Park in order to get introduced to attack pieces!

In order to get to the Dream Stone, let's go on a trip throughout the dessert on a slow moving rock machine!

The examples are endless. The situations and solutions to the games many problems feel like random ways to make the game longer, and majority of the games area's were unnecessarily long and/or had unfunny and unlikable characters who talked to much. (seriously, why are Dream Team's characters annoying dicks?)
Let's go in the garden
You'll find something waiting

User Info: 3717Dash

3717Dash
1 year ago#16
People are citing longer games to dispute your point, but the reason this game feels to long isn't actually just the length, but rather the lack of motivation and anticipation for the future of the game. If a game lasts 100+ hours but is good enough to inspire me to continue playing, whereas even if this game were 25 hours it would seem too long, since it feels so uninspired.

I hate saying this, as BIS was one of my favorite RPGs of the DS era...

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
1 year ago#17
The issue is BiS was the last time they made a story that constantly drives you. DT is absolutely a glorified fetch quest and PJ has a very simple story it drags out with mini-games of all kinds every 20 minutes. Though only PiT and SSS had a story with lots of constant new goals and not tons of mandatory back tracking. BiS onwward they focus way to much on coming up with arbitrary reasons to revisit places and throwing in mini-games where there should be none.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: keybladeXIII

keybladeXIII
1 year ago#18
I quit the game at the same exact spot and for the same exact reason, TC. I liked the beginning of the game but after that every thing drags out and like others mentioned, there's no story motivation. In previous Mario and Luigi games (and Paper Mario games), I would get excited about moving on the a new area. But in this game, every new area means a new fetch quest and a new Luigi dream sequence level and all that. It was really disappointing considering this was the followup to BiS. I remember I downloaded the game at midnight release, too.

User Info: weegee123457

weegee123457
1 year ago#19
Once I finished Wakeport I realized I just wasn't having any fun. If the game was going to be over decently soon past that point I may have continued but looking at HLTB.com I saw it was around 40 hours and I kinda just gave up. I didn't have the energy to push through.

It was weird too because I loved Bowser's Inside Story.
http://i.imgur.com/jq6JX.png

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 year ago#20
Andros-2K7 posted...
Clearly you've never played Xenoblade Chronicles

tf? I beat it in 50 hours which is pretty tame for a JRPG
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Never thought a game could be too long... until I played M&L Dream Team

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived