• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What screwdriver do I need to open N3DS XL?

User Info: Shaorin

Shaorin
4 years ago#1
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the correct screwdriver to open up the N3DS XL? I most prefer it to be in a Australian store

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
4 years ago#2
If you don't know already, then I won't tell you. You need to know details like this before you start a project. If you still want to play Mr.-Fit-It, then be my guest but don't come crying back when you can't put your system back together. Nintendo won't repair a system that has been tampered with.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs

User Info: bunnie88

bunnie88
4 years ago#3
Shaorin posted...
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the correct screwdriver to open up the N3DS XL? I most prefer it to be in a Australian store

you need a size 00 phillips. Any chance there's a store that sells those cheap eyeglass repair kits near you? There's one in there.
Am currently seeking people to add to my System for SwapDoodle

User Info: Link3

Link3
4 years ago#4
A small Phillips head should do it. Can probably use the ones from eyeglass repair kits and stuff you can find in just about any pharmacy, or drop by a hardware store and find the right size.

Not sure why the first reply was so pissy, considering the screw driver is required to even switch out the SD card...but whatever. Good luck.

---

User Info: Shadowdragon49

Shadowdragon49
4 years ago#5
Try bunnungs and get a snag while you're there

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 years ago#6
Bunnings, Banner and Home should all have carbon tipped "jewelers screwdriver kits" for about $5-10, they'll open anything remotely computer related. N3DS uses a phillips head.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: Slyde1052

Slyde1052
4 years ago#7
bunnie88 posted...
Shaorin posted...

you need a size 00 phillips. Any chance there's a store that sells those cheap eyeglass repair kits near you? There's one in there.

When I repaired my N3DSXL (the face button boards was failing), I used a 00 Phillips to remove the back panel, but I found a 000 Phillips was better for removing the actual casing screws. I would suggest also having a small pair of non-conductive tweezers, Some form of thin plastic shim (for both shimming and re-connection of the trigger cables (I used the plastic toothpick from my pocket knife).

I STRONGLY suggest looking up some vids on youtube about N3DS XL disassembly before diving in, as the device is put together a bit differently than say a laptop.
This will fool them...unless the look at it.

User Info: Shaorin

Shaorin
4 years ago#8
The manual says #0 screwdriver so why do ppl here say to get #00?

User Info: Hired_Gun_001

Hired_Gun_001
4 years ago#9
These are what I used to replace my circle pad. The PH 00 fits perfectly. Don't know why it says PH 0 but it is a 00.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverhill-Tools-ATKN1-Screwdriver-Nintendo-Products/dp/B001AHAW0K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1494969167&sr=8-5&keywords=nintendo+screwdriver+set
XBL Gamertag - Hired Gun 001

User Info: forteanoter

forteanoter
4 years ago#10
Salogy posted...
If you don't know already, then I won't tell you. You need to know details like this before you start a project. If you still want to play Mr.-Fit-It, then be my guest but don't come crying back when you can't put your system back together. Nintendo won't repair a system that has been tampered with.

Who s*** in your cornflakes?
One does not simply x
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What screwdriver do I need to open N3DS XL?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A