Is my 3ds wasted on me if i only buy it for pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is my 3ds wasted on me if i only buy it for pokemon?

User Info: Xx_King_Beef_xX

Xx_King_Beef_xX
1 year ago#11
If you are only going to play Pokemon, just buy a 2DS. It is a lot cheaper and the 3D is awful in Pokemon anyways.
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#12
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
If you are only going to play Pokemon, just buy a 2DS. It is a lot cheaper and the 3D is awful in Pokemon anyways.

2DS is super cheap on Nintendo online store and the refurbished comes in like new.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG ultimate hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: DrkJP519

DrkJP519
1 year ago#13
If you like Pokemon, you might like Shin Megami Tensei IV; another turn-based RPG and a 3DS exclusive. One with a super interesting story, and demons instead of pokemon. A much darker game than Pokemon.
Wonder-Red 4 Smash!

User Info: XxXSlateXxX

XxXSlateXxX
1 year ago#14
its your money, spend it however you like. the only way I could see it being a waste is if you never used the thing for anything. Even if its only one game you are still getting enjoyment out of it so in my book thats not a waste at all

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 year ago#15
Up until 3DS I never bought anything but Pokémon on Nintendo's handhelds, but with 3DS I tried a few different games. ALBW, SM3DL and ACNL were a nice change of pace and very enjoyable. Still, I find that Pokémon is the best this system has to offer.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Da_Isiot

Da_Isiot
1 year ago#16
There are other pokemon licensed games on the 3ds that aren'tthe tradional style pokemon game you might enjoy if your just into pokemon.

Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Shuffle
Pokemon Picross

Plus the eshop has the original pokemon games you can download.

There's lots of pokemon to be had on 3ds
PSN - Isiot_X ~~~~ Xbox - oO Isiot Oo
3DS FC - 0903-3231-4226

User Info: LooniestSky

LooniestSky
1 year ago#17
I always buy Nintendo handhelds for the latest Pokemon games. Then my game library slowly expands over time, Becuase I start noticing games for the system that I'm willing to try. If you don't buy more games for it in the future, who cares. If you enjoy even one game for the system, it's worth it. My DS library is nothing but Pokemon games and Ace Attorney games, but I think the system was worth it regardless.

User Info: majinbuu58

majinbuu58
1 year ago#18
Go for it. You can definitely play enough pokemon to make it worth it
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
1 year ago#19
No but if you're just going for Pokemon I say get the classic 3ds probably like $50 on ebay by now.
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#20
No, its not a waste. With so many models available, it's easy to find a console for a steal.

I personally recommend the 2DS. It's comfortable, can be had for 80 dollars new and the slate form reminds me of the older Gameboy systems, which scream "pokemon" lol.

Plus, 3D in pokemon sounds awesome on paper, but it only shows during battles and causes a noticeable dip in frame rate.
"A Lannister always tips his waitress."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is my 3ds wasted on me if i only buy it for pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived