• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Phoenix Wright series and Professor Layton series.

User Info: Momo_ST

Momo_ST
2 years ago#1
Hey all, I just picked up the first 3 professor Layton games and Apollo Justice for DS off Craigslist. I'm new to the series and just wanted to know if I should play the professor Layton games in order or if it matters, and should I get the first Phoenix Wright game of can I start with this one? Thanks.

User Info: Xanitrix

Xanitrix
2 years ago#2
I'd recommend playing the layton games in order. It doesnt particularly matter, but there are some reoccurring characters mentioned that'd be lost on you if you dont play in order.

As for phoenix wright, apollo justice is the 4th game in the series. I would 100% recommend getting the first three games and playing them in order. Phoenix Wright builds a universe of interesting characters and a story that over arches all the games. While Apollo Justice is the least like the other games in the series, it still references a lot of old characters and some old plot.

Momo_ST
2 years ago#3
All right, that's all I needed to know. I'll start with the professor Layton games and order the first Phoenix Wright later. Thanks for the response!

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
2 years ago#4
You can get the Phoenix Wright Trilogy right now off the Eshop.
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games

User Info: The_Rave_Master

The_Rave_Master
2 years ago#5
FYI you can download the whole Phoenix Wright Trilogy on 3DS for $30 with improved graphics compared to the DS versions.
Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jiraimeep

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
2 years ago#6
The_Rave_Master posted...
FYI you can download the whole Phoenix Wright Trilogy on 3DS for $30 with improved graphics compared to the DS versions.

This. Absolutely do this.

And yes, play the Layton games in order of release, you'll appreciate the saga much better that way.
8/29/14: Shulk confirmed for Smash Bros!
"I've always found that the best way to fix a stupid society is by ranting on the internet." - MonadAlvis

User Info: LooniestSky

LooniestSky
2 years ago#7
I know you didn't mention it, but play Apollo Justice before you play Dual Destinies, if you buy it. It's not a requirement, but you'll better understand when a character is very familiar with another, as they don't offer much explanation.

And buy the Ace Attorney Trilogy, GREAT games, and much cheaper then buying the DS carts individually.

Momo_ST
2 years ago#8
Thanks for the input guys, the lot also came with the Miles Edgeworth game, where in the story does that one fall?

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
2 years ago#9
Momo_ST posted...
Thanks for the input guys, the lot also came with the Miles Edgeworth game, where in the story does that one fall?

after the third game in the original trilogy
Chris Bores exposed: http://youtu.be/IYnM9hexHdA?list=UUR_z6hgtpjuvrr1lQj19dFQ. Nothing but a big cry baby

User Info: JMBoote

JMBoote
2 years ago#10
Ace Attorney is in this order (not release order, just story-wise).

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
3. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
4. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
5. Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Miles Edgeworth - Prosecutor's Path
6. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney sorta takes place between the events of Trials and Tribulations if you wanna place it anywhere, but it's playable at any point.

Good luck!
Official Dick Gumshoe of the Ace Attorney boards, pal!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Phoenix Wright series and Professor Layton series.
  • Topic Archived