Scalpers can have Ocarina of Time. I just downloaded it for 19.99

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Scalpers can have Ocarina of Time. I just downloaded it for 19.99

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 years ago#51
BurgerTime79 posted...
hatemakingnames posted...
Physical > Digital

I'm a strictly physical only buyer, and even I won't claim this.
Both have their pros and cons based on the individual's preferences.

I prefer to actually own my games, so I go physical.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
2 years ago#52
have fun trading or selling a digital game ( if you ever want to in the future)

User Info: BurgerTime79

BurgerTime79
2 years ago#53
Zero_Maniac posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Physical > Digital

My point is that neither is better than the other as a fact. It's all opinion and preference. So for him to just outright claim physical is better than digital, well he's flat out wrong. He'd also be wrong if he claimed "Digital > Physical".
For you and I, we like to own our games and have something we can see. For the pro digital people, they might like the convenience.
It's the shampoo and conditioner from Billy Madison.
Unleash the squirrel army!!

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
2 years ago#54
BurgerTime79 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Physical > Digital

My point is that neither is better than the other as a fact. It's all opinion and preference. So for him to just outright claim physical is better than digital, well he's flat out wrong. He'd also be wrong if he claimed "Digital > Physical".
For you and I, we like to own our games and have something we can see. For the pro digital people, they might like the convenience.

Digital lasts longer than physical too.

A physical cart can get damaged, deteriorate and it's no longer useful. A digital copy, you can redownload to a new SD card if it gets damaged somehow.
Snackeroo.com - NNID/PSN: GRINDIN120
Undercover: Youtu.be/YCkt5pDTD7s

Zero_Maniac
2 years ago#55
Megamushroom666 posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
Physical > Digital

A physical cart can get damaged, deteriorate and it's no longer useful. A digital copy, you can redownload to a new SD card if it gets damaged somehow.

Memory can get corrupted. Also, you're allowed to back up physical copies for in the event that said physical copy does get damaged or broken.

And now this turned into another physical vs. digital topic. What have I done D:
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
2 years ago#56
wait whats the difference
or is this a pure joke?

long run people tended not to like remakes/re-release series with exceptions

exceptions i can only think of is games that come with all dlc
and games that added content (fable tlc platinum hits)

only thing i see from looking at it is 20$ cheaper on most places compared to original copys that where made?
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O

User Info: hatemakingnames

hatemakingnames
2 years ago#57
Zero_Maniac posted...
Memory can get corrupted. Also, you're allowed to back up physical copies for in the event that said physical copy does get damaged or broken.

1. Incorrect. They are made with Nintendonium. Never had a single Nintendo game stop working in over 25 years.

2. Nintendo owns your games if you buy digital. They can remove or alter them if they wanted. If your system is lost/destroyed, it's their decision if you get your games back or not. (Some people have had better luck calling in several times, to speak with different service reps). If at some point in the future, they decided to end service on 3DS family...you would be screwed.

3. You cannot share, sell, collect digital games. Physical games typically retain their value and often increase. (Not sure how Nintendo selects will affect this though). Currently, the selects OoT is selling for the same price as a used one...meaning you could probably come pretty close to breaking even on it if you decided you didn't want to keep it.
GameFAQs likes to hide this feedback link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/

Zero_Maniac
2 years ago#58
Zero_Maniac posted...

1. Incorrect. They are made with Nintendonium. Never had a single Nintendo game stop working in over 25 years.

2. Nintendo owns your games if you buy digital. They can remove or alter them if they wanted. If your system is lost/destroyed, it's their decision if you get your games back or not. (Some people have had better luck calling in several times, to speak with different service reps). If at some point in the future, they decided to end service on 3DS family...you would be screwed.

3. You cannot share, sell, collect digital games. Physical games typically retain their value and often increase. (Not sure how Nintendo selects will affect this though). Currently, the selects OoT is selling for the same price as a used one...meaning you could probably come pretty close to breaking even on it if you decided you didn't want to keep it.

I'm not seeing how your post is a rebuttal to mine. Is it supposed to be a rebuttal? If not, then what is it supposed to be?

User Info: FelineCyborg

FelineCyborg
2 years ago#59
Zanimar posted...
spenser211 posted...
I only have two physical games , Luigis mansion and Sticker Star . The other 70 or so games are all digital. Oot being one of the first I downloaded. Because reasons

I just have one, Tales of Abyss and that's because it doesn't have a digital version as far as I know and it acts as slot cover of sorts since I can't find any real thing to cover the card slot so that it can be dirt/dust free (and make it more pleasing to the eye instead of a gaping slot with nothing in it).

why do you care if it gets dusty if you never put a card in it
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon

User Info: Megamushroom666

Megamushroom666
2 years ago#60
Zero_Maniac posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...

And now this turned into another physical vs. digital topic. What have I done D:

The average physical cart consumer doesn't even know how to back up their copy.

If a SD Card gets corrupted, simply buy a new one and redownload your digital games from the eShop.
Snackeroo.com - NNID/PSN: GRINDIN120
Undercover: Youtu.be/YCkt5pDTD7s
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Scalpers can have Ocarina of Time. I just downloaded it for 19.99

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived