• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do I connect to a hotel's wifi?
vinant9600 5 years ago#11
Usually you can just go to the front desk and they will give you the code to get in the wifi. To actually connect your 3DS to the wifi go to settings, -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings -> New Connection -> (I recommend doing Manual Setup) Manual Setup or Tutorial -> (if you did Manual Setup.) select Search for Access Point. After searching select the name of your hotel's wifi, it will probably be something like, "hotel name" Guest Free WIFI. Then just put in the access code you either got from the front desk or any other place you can get it and you have connected to the WIFI (after doing a connection test). Doing the Tutorial you just have to follow the steps and it tells you what to do.

Hope this helps!
WitcherRoland 5 years ago#12
vinant9600 posted...
Usually you can just go to the front desk and they will give you the code to get in the wifi. To actually connect your 3DS to the wifi go to settings, -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings -> New Connection -> (I recommend doing Manual Setup) Manual Setup or Tutorial -> (if you did Manual Setup.) select Search for Access Point. After searching select the name of your hotel's wifi, it will probably be something like, "hotel name" Guest Free WIFI. Then just put in the access code you either got from the front desk or any other place you can get it and you have connected to the WIFI (after doing a connection test). Doing the Tutorial you just have to follow the steps and it tells you what to do.

Hope this helps!

I already set up the connection and just needed a way to connect because nothing pops up asking me for a code, nor even going through the browser and trying to make it bring me to the login page.
My name is Roland, but everyone calls me Witcher Roland the Undead.
_Spectral_ 5 years ago#13
19eighty7 posted...
Lol you can't use your phones hotspot?

Almost sounds like they're blocking signals if that's really the case, I thought that was illegal because you aren't allowed to screw with services like that.

Heck I remember hearing about Hilton getting sued because they were doing that to jack up prices on Wifi for conventions held in their hotels.

Hotspots ftw
Enjoy Life :]
Gogo726 5 years ago#14
LooniestSky posted...
Go to your hotel's front desk and ask if they can give you the direct address to the hotel's login page. The 3DS never automatically loads a login page for WiFi, whether it's a hotel, a school, a hotspot offered by a cable company, or some store like Kohls or BJs. I don't know why your phone isn't working as a hotspot.

I don't think even they would know this. The WiFi at the hotel I work at does the same thing and I don't know the address to the login page. If by some distant chance you are staying at my hotel in Denver I'll hook you up with the private WiFi when I go in to work tonight.
WitcherRoland 5 years ago#15
_Spectral_ posted...
19eighty7 posted...
Lol you can't use your phones hotspot?

Almost sounds like they're blocking signals if that's really the case, I thought that was illegal because you aren't allowed to screw with services like that.

Heck I remember hearing about Hilton getting sued because they were doing that to jack up prices on Wifi for conventions held in their hotels.

Hotspots ftw

I'll hot your spot.

Gogo726 posted...
LooniestSky posted...
Go to your hotel's front desk and ask if they can give you the direct address to the hotel's login page. The 3DS never automatically loads a login page for WiFi, whether it's a hotel, a school, a hotspot offered by a cable company, or some store like Kohls or BJs. I don't know why your phone isn't working as a hotspot.

I don't think even they would know this. The WiFi at the hotel I work at does the same thing and I don't know the address to the login page. If by some distant chance you are staying at my hotel in Denver I'll hook you up with the private WiFi when I go in to work tonight.

Well damn, let's hope they know that.
Joel11 5 years ago#16
I had this problem, log in and accept the terms on your phone or tablet then use that ip on your 3ds as static
WitcherRoland 5 years ago#17
Joel11 posted...
I had this problem, log in and accept the terms on your phone or tablet then use that ip on your 3ds as static

Okay, how did you do that? Was it that simple?
Joel11 5 years ago#18
Ya it was pretty simple from my iPad and iPhone, I just connected the phone and accepted the agreement, then went to settings, wifi, click the network and it will show ip subnet router and dns. Just copy those numbers into the 3ds and for the second dns leave it blank. Then turn off the wifi on the phone to avoid ip conflict and test your connection on the 3ds it should work
WitcherRoland 5 years ago#19
Alright, thanks
WitcherRoland 5 years ago#20
Okay, tried it out on my phone. Couldn't find a lot of that stuff. Maybe my phone can't tell me that stuff or somehow you can get all that stuff
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do I connect to a hotel's wifi?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A