• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: pigwarts5ever

pigwarts5ever
3 years ago#1
A while back I got Mario Picross off of club nintendo and fell in love with the game. I ended up beating the whole thing and was wondering what picross e game I should get. I only plan on getting one or two so I am not interesting in unlocking extra puzzles with 1, 2 or 3. I mainly just want the most amount of modes and the highest difficulty.

Keep in mind that I have plenty of experience with regular picross. I played all of Mario Picross and some online versions.
I am not a part of everything. I am a cosmic abortion.

User Info: Klon_Redfield

Klon_Redfield
3 years ago#2
Have you played picross DS? It's the best in the series IMO. About the e games, I just played 1-3 and liked 3 the most, mega picross is a good twist to the formula.
Playing: Mark of the Ninja (PC).

User Info: JNeeley

JNeeley
3 years ago#3
I've always preferred Picross 3D. I'm patiently waiting for news on Picross 3D-2 localization.

User Info: Drac_Mazoku

Drac_Mazoku
3 years ago#4
Mega Picross are the hardest thing you can get in Picross e series, and they start with 3

Starting with 4 you could chose if you want to play ALL puzzles with Normal or Free rules. Before that, there was a set of Normal puzzles and a set of Free ones. As such, starting with 4, they might be easier if you have difficulty playing freely (I know I had trouble at first, but now, I prefer to play Free anyway)

So, since you had to do Mega Picross in 3 with Free Rules, I guess this would be the hardest to play.

My favorite thing though about Picross e is Micross, where you build an entire classical painting with tons of mini 10X10 picross with Free rules. They start with 2 and go up to 6.

Overall, I can't really chose one, since you can't never have enough Picross. I would buy them all...
My 3DS digital games and progress:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
3 years ago#5
Mega Picross still confuses me, and I've fully completed all 6 of the Picross e games.

e6 probably has the most amount of stuff, except that they did it by making most (if not all) of the Mega Picross puzzles to be duplicates of the regular Picross puzzles (though the Mega Picross puzzles unlocked by having 1, 2 and/or 3 are still unique). It and (I think) e5 also have the largest Picross grids, going all the way to 20x15 (which gets so big parts of the interface are in different spots). Mega Picross doesn't get that big though.

User Info: Enlino

Enlino
3 years ago#6
e6 also has the most important feature of all: being able to change the animation when you fill in a tile!

Really, though, there's no need to worry too much about it. I'd recommend e6 just because it has all the (minor) interface improvements and extra modes, but if you like one of them you'll like them all.

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
3 years ago#7
Enlino posted...
e6 also has the most important feature of all: being able to change the animation when you fill in a tile!

Really, though, there's no need to worry too much about it. I'd recommend e6 just because it has all the (minor) interface improvements and extra modes, but if you like one of them you'll like them all.

i am a hardcore fan of picross and have all the games in the e series. i HATED how they didn't make "new" images from mega picross, and just remade the standard ones into mega ones. so lazy of them.

HOWEVER i think that mega picross is the coolest picross mode that has been invented. i love how challenging it is, since standard picross can become really easy the more you play it, no matter how big you make the panel. mega picross is really deep and makes your brain work harder for the solution :3
http://psnprofiles.com/Keiser-One
  • Topic Archived