• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Disney Magical World sequel scheduled for release in Japan on Nov 5

User Info: sunny_red51

sunny_red51
5 years ago#1
I posted this info on the Disney Magical World board but also wanted to post it here for those interested. As WitchBaby4200 posted in an earlier thread, a sequel to Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life released overseas as Disney Magical World was announced for release in Japan. More information was given out during the official announcement made today. The game is scheduled to come out in Japan on November 5 this year (2015).

Disney (Japan) uploaded a new promotional video on Youtube which gives a lot of info on the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHIMcHh3a9E

Starting at 1:27, you can see scenes of the new Castle Town (Castleton in the NA version). It looks bigger and more detailed with at least three main areas: Castle Front (Entrance to CastleTown), Castle Street (which has Daisy's clothing shop, Chip and Dale's furniture shop, and also a new shop, Minnie's beauty salon), and Castle Town.

From around 1:52, you can see clips/scenes from the confirmed worlds, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Alice in Wonderland, and Winnie the Pooh.

There will be at least 120 Disney characters in the game and over 3000 items. The first game had over 80 Disney characters and over 1000 items. Some Disney characters may not get their own worlds but just show up in Castle Town/Castleton, like on the first game.

There is a Dance Show mini-game where you dance with Disney characters. There is also a Light Show mini-game/mini-event called "Dream Fantasy" which you enter through sleep and which seems like a parade (like the Electrical Parade at Disneyland?). The nightly fireworks are also back.

Fishing, gardening, and adventuring are back. There's also surfing, and you can also go out walking with Disney characters(?) and go to a spa for a massage, from the look of it.

People who buy the game right away will get a code for free costumes from Frozen, for Anna, Elsa, and Olaf.

User Info: TheLightMage

TheLightMage
5 years ago#2
I hope it gets localized. I need to get the first one still.

Hope Mulan gets an appearance in this game. And Tiana.

sunny_red51
5 years ago#3
TheLightMage posted...
I hope it gets localized. I need to get the first one still.

Hope Mulan gets an appearance in this game. And Tiana.

The first game was really fun. I played the heck out of both the Japanese version and the North American version. I'm sure this game will get localized, but I hope it doesn't take too long.

It would be cool if Mulan and Tiana were in the game, even if they just showed up as characters and didn't have their own separate worlds included.

I'm watching through the video I linked to and saw that you can visit Mickey & Friends' houses (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy) in the sequel, which is new. The sequel seems a lot bigger. The first game had four worlds (Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh, and Aladdin) plus one DLC world (Pirates of the Caribbean). The sequel is confirmed to have at least six (Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Lilo & Stitch, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Alice in Wonderland, and Winnie the Pooh).

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
5 years ago#4
Sunny, thank you so very much for posting! I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that this gets released. I'm assuming the earliest we'll see it (if at all) would be late 2016/early 2017. Thanks again for sharing, and for the information!
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397

sunny_red51
5 years ago#5
WitchBaby4200 posted...
Sunny, thank you so very much for posting! I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that this gets released. I'm assuming the earliest we'll see it (if at all) would be late 2016/early 2017. Thanks again for sharing, and for the information!

Thank you again, WitchBaby4200, for posting the original threads both here and on the Disney Magical World board. I really hope it gets localized quickly and feel pretty confident that it WILL be localized at all.

I found info on different sites that says the Frozen world is based on a new scenario completely original to the game that takes place between the full-length movie Frozen and the Frozen animated short Frozen Fever. Walt Disney Animation Studios was responsible for producing the script/scenario and artistic direction for this new episode, too. The episode features the song "Let It Go" and centers around finding a birthday present for Anna.

This alone tells me that they HAVE to be planning to localize it. I think it was the same group that produced Frozen Fever that put together this episode, and it had to have been written in English originally then translated to Japanese. I doubt Disney would allow this episode to be kept Japan-only.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/06082513.html

Here's some more info I found from the above site:

The first game has sold over 950,000 copies worldwide.

The list of things you can do includes "jewel-digging," but I'm not sure if they added a separate mining component or if that refers to the collecting you could do to get mineral materials in the first game.

They're planning "several specatcular events for players to experience in-game with Disney characters," not just the Dance Show and Dream Fantasy light show (parade).

There's a limited edition game-themed regular New 3DS coming out with game-themed faceplates. The limited edition New 3DS includes the game.

The game will cost 5690 yen plus tax in Japan, and the New 3DS LL will cost 21690 yen.

Some things I noticed from the promotion video: Scrooge's department store run by Scrooge and the nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) is back along with two other additional shops, one run by Clarice (Chip & Dale's night-club singing girlfriend) and one run by one of the Three Little Pigs.

The sequel will include all the characters from the first game along with new ones. From the clip, you can see Rapunzel from Tangled along with Ralph and Venelope from Wreck-It Ralph, in addition to characters from the first game and characters from the new worlds. I'm hoping they'll have a Tangled DLC world.

More info has been uploaded on the official site:
http://magic-castle-mhl2.bn-ent.net/

As meznu pointed out on the Disney Magical world board thread, the codes you get for Frozen outfits are for outfits from the Frozen short, Frozen Fever (called "Elsa's Surprise" in Japan).

People who have the first game will also get a gold Mickey-head balloon and a ticket for pecos, the in-game currency in the Japanese versions of Disney Magic Castle.

The sequel looks like so much fun! I can't wait to play it. I love that they're including the Dream Fantasy parade event with different songs. Swimming in the Little Mermaid world looks fun, too. Castletown/Castleton just looks so much bigger and more detailed. I hope they don't wait too long to localize this one, and I really hope they release the NA and EU/AU versions at the same time!!

User Info: SoraNoZenith

SoraNoZenith
5 years ago#6
Winnie the Pooh... Oh boy. They just love to shove in that bastard.
I really wish Terranigma fans were as vocal as Mother fans for ports and re-releases.
People who agree: 6

User Info: bunnie88

bunnie88
5 years ago#7
Lost interest as soon as you said frozen. I think the movie is nothing but an over rated princess movie that's only popular due to a catchy song and I'd rather avoid stuff dealing w/ it.
ACWW longest played game 1-9-06 to April 2013 and currently playing off and on

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
5 years ago#8
I bought my daughter the first one but she never got into it. Always thought about just playing it myself. Is that a male version of the main character in this one? I didn't see one in the video and most of the new stuff wouldn't lends itself to male costumes.

sunny_red51
5 years ago#9
bunnie88 posted...
Lost interest as soon as you said frozen. I think the movie is nothing but an over rated princess movie that's only popular due to a catchy song and I'd rather avoid stuff dealing w/ it.

I can certainly understand that. I know some people don't like Frozen and/or are just sick of it. You should be able to skip worlds, though, if you want. They will probably still unlock, but you don't need to visit them unless you want the materials for the clothes, furniture, and cafe recipes. You won't be able to complete all seals/stickers (if they brought those back), though.

dextorboot posted...
I bought my daughter the first one but she never got into it. Always thought about just playing it myself. Is that a male version of the main character in this one? I didn't see one in the video and most of the new stuff wouldn't lends itself to male costumes.

You can play as a male character. You can even use your own Mii if you want. There are a lot of dresses but also some suits/more outfits for males. In the first game, you can get a Beast costume, a Jack Skellington costume, a Prince Phillip costume, etc. There are usually outfits for each of the princes to complement the princess ones. There are some generic suits and other outfits, too, along with suits of armor and other outfits like that. It's kind of a simple game, but I enjoyed it.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
4 years ago#10
UGH Frozen has its own world, when there's a bajillion classics that could've been better choices? Interest dwindling.

Sadly none of my fave Disney movies will ever get their own worlds or will appear in the game since they're often underappreciated/underrated/unknown titles that everyone passes over.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Disney Magical World sequel scheduled for release in Japan on Nov 5
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A