• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Sweden's biggest newspaper think Nintendo should ban Senran Kagura 2

User Info: GF_Sybb

GF_Sybb
6 years ago#1
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/article20451426.ab

A games journalist on Sweden's biggest newspaper Aftonbladet (literally translates into "Evening paper) think that Nintendo has a responsibility to ban Senran Kagura 2 from releasing on their platform, as it is - according to the journalist - objectifying and has a stale view on women. She also says that we all are part of this objectification - people who buy it, people who develop it and people who distribute it.

It should also be mentioned that Aftonbladet is a left wing newspaper and that this particular reviewer, Kersin Alex, is a feminist. Previously, she complained that the color of the lego bricks in Lego City Undercover were not gender equal.

User Info: Kazusa

Kazusa
6 years ago#2
There is no such thing as bad publicity, especially for a niche game. Here's hoping SK2 does even better because of Kersin Alex.
http://i.imgur.com/10QTSCX.jpg

User Info: ss4gogeta_dark

ss4gogeta_dark
6 years ago#3
I'm getting so sick of this one sided argument. It's completely bias. Ignore it.
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI R9 290X 4G Gaming|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W8prox64
Check Contacts.

GF_Sybb
6 years ago#4
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
I'm getting so sick of this one sided argument. It's completely bias. Ignore it.

Thing is, most people in the comment section for that newspaper think that they're full of crap.

Somehow, it seems only journalists and feminists care about this.
(message deleted)

User Info: Dyno_Storm

Dyno_Storm
6 years ago#6
Takaki's lovin' that publicity though.
XBL/NNID/PSN: DynoStorm, 3DS FC: 0490-5734-9700
Currently playing: P4G, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

GF_Sybb
6 years ago#7
Dyno_Storm posted...

I think so too. There are probably a few potential customers who learned about SK2 through Aftonbladet. This happened with Burst as well. Remember that Official Nintendo Magazine blog?

User Info: Dyno_Storm

Dyno_Storm
6 years ago#8
GF_Sybb posted...
Dyno_Storm posted...

I think so too. There are probably a few potential customers who learned about SK2 through Aftonbladet. This happened with Burst as well. Remember that Official Nintendo Magazine blog?

I remember GameInformer (or perhaps another magazine) bashing Burst in the upcoming games column. It was about two paragraphs along that had nothing to do with the game. Y'know, going back to the opening post, I can't believe that even Legos are controversial now even with having the option to create your own custom character.
XBL/NNID/PSN: DynoStorm, 3DS FC: 0490-5734-9700
Currently playing: P4G, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

User Info: Pandafaust

Pandafaust
6 years ago#9
I'll be the first to admit Senran Kagura is embarrassing, but Sweden is also the same country that has preschools banning the use of gendered pronouns. The people in charge there seem to be the epitome of crazy liberals.

User Info: wwwgippal2

wwwgippal2
6 years ago#10
Reading people's comments in this topic makes me lose faith in humanity.

"Herp derp, on,y feminists care anout this. What do I care if the game objectifies women? It's not like they are people, like me."
3DS FC - 2595 1838 0275
IGN: gugu
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Sweden's biggest newspaper think Nintendo should ban Senran Kagura 2
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A