• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Yellow tint on the New 3DS XL

User Info: TatsuSuou

TatsuSuou
5 years ago#1
My friend picked up a new 3DS XL today and upon comparing it to his original 3DS, there's a very yellow tint on both screens.

See here: http://i.imgur.com/sCeRYIy.jpg

Is this normal for the New 3DS models?
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
5 years ago#2
yes it is normal. the old 3ds has a bluish tint, whereas the new one has a yellowish tint.

User Info: Gdboyratedloud

Gdboyratedloud
5 years ago#3
power saving mode?
Steam: n0acid
L0L_FAQ: "And yes, I was on purgatory. I consider it a privilege to be banned from this toilet masquerading as a message board"

Retroxgamer0
5 years ago#4
i have the new 3ds og model, incase you were wondering, it also has the yellow tint. its not just the new XL, so fret not, sir.

User Info: forceboy

forceboy
5 years ago#5
From experience, it appears "very" yellow because of the glue that's on the screen. All screens have this when they're new, it just means that the manufacturing date of the unit is very recent.

It's something that gets better as time passes by, the glue dries up and the yellow tint mostly disappears, but it will still differ from other units because all screens vary.

When i bought a 2nd 3DS unit back in 2012, and then an XL on 2013, it also had these yellow tints. Right now they seem to have gone and the screen looks more normal than when it was still new so I wouldn't worry about it. This also happened on my friend's iPad way back, yellow tint when it was new, but normalized as time goes on.
Add me up in Pokemon X/Y!
FC: 5472-7797-9251 IGN: Ken

Retroxgamer0
5 years ago#6
close it and press down on the console where the circle pad is, and tell me if you get a circular smudge on the top plastic.

User Info: dayslayer8

dayslayer8
5 years ago#7
Having a yellow tint on my New 3DS XL too :( hopefully it'll go away soon

Retroxgamer0 posted...
close it and press down on the console where the circle pad is, and tell me if you get a circular smudge on the top plastic.

Hey there, I do not get the smudge for both my old XL and new XL. Not sure why so many people get it though
3DS FC: 4957-3828-2370

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
5 years ago#8
Yup, the yellow tint was also an issue when the 3DS XL launched, and that was due to how recently the displays were manufactured as forceboy explained.
Over time that yellow tint faded away, leaving a screen with a normal colour temperature, just not as cool as the original 3DS's screen.
3DS FC: RupeeClock - 2019-9640-6656
ACNL Players: Rupee, Blues - Town: Amabilis

Retroxgamer0
5 years ago#9
dayslayer8 posted...
Having a yellow tint on my New 3DS XL too :( hopefully it'll go away soon

Retroxgamer0 posted...

Hey there, I do not get the smudge for both my old XL and new XL. Not sure why so many people get it though

my new 3ds gets the smudge, are you sure? i need confirmation. try playing it for a few days and PM me your results. or add finger grease to your circle pad and do it.

User Info: esoteric42

esoteric42
5 years ago#10
No tinting of any kind when brightness set on high.

There is a slight yellowing at lower brightness.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Yellow tint on the New 3DS XL
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A