• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 2DS Owner Here - Any Recommends?

User Info: lordcloudx

lordcloudx
7 years ago#1
Hi there! Hopping in from the cynical Vita boards (I notice Servant and a few others hang out here as well). Relatively long AND long-winded post incoming.

Just got a 2DS sent here to the Philippines as a Christmas gift from my sister who lives in Canada. I'm going to have to buy a 220v charger for it later since the charger that comes with the unit uses 110v (funny thing is that it's made in the Philippines).

Pics because it did happen:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/iix2.jpg/
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7319/u90y.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/6ml6e.jpg

Anyway, I'll probably pick up a game later along with the charger, so any games you'd recommend for a new owner? No DS games since I have an NDSL. Not into Zelda nor Pokemon, so we can rule those out. Also not into Monster Hunter type games, Etrian Odyssey games nor the SMT games, so those are out too.

Not into Harvest Moon/Rune Factory type of games, although I did enjoy Innocent Life on the PSP... currently not in the mood for these types of games.

Undecided on Fire Emblem and Project X-Zone, since I'm not much into SRPGS. Also undecided on Kingdom Hearts since I never touched the PSP or DS games, but I did finish the PS2 one and sorta enjoyed it.

I love the Phoenix Wright series, but I'm still just working my way through the 2nd game on the DS. I'm mildy interested in that upcoming Persona 4 spin-off game, but I'm still just halfway through P4G on the Vita. I might still pick these up somewhere down the line, but I'm looking for a game that I can play right away for now.

I love Final Fantasy-esque games so Bravely Default is definitely on my watchlist along with Tales of the Abyss (I loved the PS2 game, but I wouldn't mind playing it again on the go -- even if it's the exact same game with no new content.)

Checked out the gameplay for Code of Princess via Classic Game Room's review, and I'm interested.

The Resident Evil game looks interesting, so it's a definite prospect for me. I'm also looking at Street Fighter IV, although I've heard that it's not that good of a port... I'm a Guile/Ryu player btw. For Nintendo 1st-party titles, the one that piques my interest the most is Mario Tennis because I liked the previous games in the series (especially the GBC one) and I'm a tennis player and fan IRL. Also leaning towards getting New Super Mario Bros. 2, but the reviews seem to be guiding me in the opposite direction.

So anywayz, aside from the games I've already mentioned or otherwise ruled out, any recommends from the 3DS board?

User Info: shadowkratos774

shadowkratos774
7 years ago#2
You should try Etrian Odyssey, it's a turn-based RPG where you create all the members in your party with many balanced classes and skill trees. The best part is the tension you feel when in a dungeon because you have to draw the map yourself, marking down areas of note while dodging giant monsters.

I got the 4th one recently and can't put it down.
...but in time, they will join you in the sun.
3DS FC: 4613-7001-8523, please PM me if you add me.

User Info: Link3

Link3
7 years ago#3
Assuming you have access to the North American eShop as well, Street Fighter 4 should still be on sale for another day or two. It's not the greatest port, especially considering it's now outdated by like 2 or 3 versions, but it's still a good game, worth $10.

---

lordcloudx
7 years ago#4
Link3 posted...
Assuming you have access to the North American eShop as well, Street Fighter 4 should still be on sale for another day or two. It's not the greatest port, especially considering it's now outdated by like 2 or 3 versions, but it's still a good game, worth $10.

---

I should've mentioned that I'm more into physical games, but $10 is quite a bargain. Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can access the Eshop later since my internet connection got timed out the first time I tried. I really like the idea of having SF IV on the go after being disappointed by the Android version and the Vita getting SF x Tekken but not this game. How do you pay via the Eshop btw? Sorry for the noob question, but my only experience is with the Vita/PSN, which I have to fund via PSN cards since friggin Asian PSN won't let me use PayPal.

User Info: Link3

Link3
7 years ago#5
Same way, unfortunately. Prepaid cards, or a credit card (I don't think it has to be an American/Canadian one, since I've heard of people using U.S. credit cards on the Japanese eShop). No paypal, as far as I know.

---

User Info: nophoria

nophoria
7 years ago#6
A lot of the games you mentioned I didn't give a chance before and they're my favorite games now. You're going to be missing out on a lot of good games if you don't give some of them a chance, just saying.

There are a lot of demos on the eShop, half of which aren't located in the demo section, you have to look up specific games to get some of the demos.

lordcloudx
7 years ago#7
Link3 posted...
Same way, unfortunately. Prepaid cards, or a credit card (I don't think it has to be an American/Canadian one, since I've heard of people using U.S. credit cards on the Japanese eShop). No paypal, as far as I know.

---

Thanks. Seems I can access the U.S. Eshop after all. Just got SF IV. Also bought a physical copy of Mario Tennis Open to go with my new 220v 3DS charger (made in China and totally not sanctioned by Nintendo :D)

nophoria posted...
A lot of the games you mentioned I didn't give a chance before and they're my favorite games now. You're going to be missing out on a lot of good games if you don't give some of them a chance, just saying.

There are a lot of demos on the eShop, half of which aren't located in the demo section, you have to look up specific games to get some of the demos.

---

Perhaps, but let's just say that I've played my fair share of games and I've done my research via gameplay videos and the like and played the predecessors of most of those games I've mentioned and I've decided that I just won't enjoy them very much -- if at all.

Just noticed the demos on the Eshop. Definitely giving them a try as soon as I upgrade to a higher capacity SD Card. Any demos you'd recommend? I'm willing to try even those games that I've decided to pass on if it's just demos.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. New 2DS Owner Here - Any Recommends?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A