• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. eShop Help Needed (US 3DS in Europe)

User Info: Sheba-chan

Sheba-chan
6 years ago#1
Hello everyone,

I need help. I have never before used the eShop to buy games, but now that Phoenix Wright was released only through the shop, I am forced to.

I have two problems, though:
1) I live in Germany, but own a US 3DS XL (because I wanted to play games like Rune Factory 4 earlier). Can I still use the eShop to buy US games or would I have to be in the US for that?

2) How the hell do I even connect to the eShop without W-LAN? I live in a region of Germany where DSL isn't possible and everyone has to use one of these dumb mobile websticks, so while I have internet with my laptop, the 3DS can't find any connection. Can I somehow...connect my 3DS to my computer?

I know these questions are probably horribly dumb and I apologize, but I'm really a noob with these things since I have my 3DS since only a month and never cared for these things before.

Any help? Thanks!

User Info: parKb5

parKb5
6 years ago#2
I am not sure about connecting to the web, but to use the eShop you need to set your home as Canada so you can use an international credit/debit card. If you have your home set as anywhere in the US, you can only use a US credit/debit card or an eShop gift card.
American living in Japan. Read my blog: little-differences-in-japan.blogspot.jp
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki

User Info: Primum_Mobile

Primum_Mobile
6 years ago#3
1) yes, you can use the US eshop in Germany. But if you set your eshop region to US, it will only take US credit card. You can either set your region to canada, which do accept "foreign" credit card, or use one of those websites that gives you eshop point directly on screen or through email:
http://cardscodes.com/index.html
http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

2) 3ds only take wifi. you'll have to find a way to produce wifi signal. Should be doable, i just don't know what options you have in Germany.
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)

User Info: Sheba-chan

Sheba-chan
6 years ago#4
1) Awesome, thanks! I will then "move" to Canada, haha! And also check out these websites. That sounds doable.

2) I don't know anything about Wi-Fi and since I can't use my house thanks to a chronic illness, this might be difficult, but I'll see if I can do anything. I just found my old Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, but I never tried that thing combined with my webstick. I also have no installation software anymore (this thing is like...ancient). I'll try to see if I can do anything with it, maybe. Otherwise I'm really clueless.

Thank you so much for the help!

User Info: jmtstan

jmtstan
6 years ago#5
so it is possible to change any region on the eShop at anytime? like say US 3DS but setting Asian or EU region at eShop?
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79

User Info: Primum_Mobile

Primum_Mobile
6 years ago#6
no, you cannot change NA to EU or JP, only the location w/in the region for tax and credit card authorization purposes.
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)

User Info: Mivo

Mivo
6 years ago#7
I thought I had it bad in my remote German area where only "DSL Lite" is available!

Anyway, you can also use eBay to buy eShop gift cards, which allow you to add funds to your eShop balance. It costs a bit more, but is fairly convenient. Just make sure you buy the right ones, and not points for DSware!

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
6 years ago#8
you should try to get a wireless 3/4G modem.
they work with the same sim-card and data plan as a mobile internet stick, but you can connect any wifi-enabled device just like on a wireless DSL modem/router.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. eShop Help Needed (US 3DS in Europe)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers