Man, they REALLY need to fix the DSiWare data placement..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Man, they REALLY need to fix the DSiWare data placement..

User Info: TheLawyerOfTime

TheLawyerOfTime
5 years ago#1
The fact that it's solely stored into the system's internal memory is annoying as all hell. I hate the process of copying all of the data of a game to the SD Card, deleting the game, and then downloading another, and having to keep with that system just because I want to have more DSiWare in my library. s:

Do you think Nintendo will ever do a System Update or something that'll allow DSiWare to work like eShop games in terms of data management? I'd imagine it wouldn't be that hard to do, although it would require some form of tinkering.. Or is there a way to download DSiWare that's not onto the internal memory itself? I can't even own all the "Mighty" games because my DSiWare library already is at max capacity..

User Info: esoteric42

esoteric42
5 years ago#2
My prediction:

There will be NO updates in the way DSiWare games are managed on the 3DS.

We're stuck with things the way they are.

Don't worry, when the next gen handheld comes out, we won't even be able to play DSiWare games at all, so that should fix it.
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)

User Info: Human-Bean

Human-Bean
5 years ago#3
At least 90% of DSiWare games are garbage. You won't be downloading that many games, however this does not excuse the rather tedious nature of accessing the games and preserving save files. Nintendo will not change it now; they feared piracy due to the Wii and, DS fiasco thus, they had proprietary memory installed in their console. You cannot expand it by altering the hardware.
Potatoes have skin and, we have skin. Therefore we are potatoes.

User Info: caveman7570

caveman7570
5 years ago#4
Human-Bean posted...
At least 90% of DSiWare games are garbage. You won't be downloading that many games, however this does not excuse the rather tedious nature of accessing the games and preserving save files. Nintendo will not change it now; they feared piracy due to the Wii and, DS fiasco thus, they had proprietary memory installed in their console. You cannot expand it by altering the hardware.

I've never met a DS pirate in my life, I think Nintendo blames lack of sales on piracy because they can't ever imagine they aren't everything that's right about the video game industry. Capcom does it to, and Square Enix - not blaming piracy per se, but blaming loss of sales on something other than the actual causes. It might be a Japanese business culture thing. It's infuriating to me that they don't allow storage of DSiWare games on SD cards, I'm out of space and the majority of it is taken up by things I transferred from my DSi. I'm pretty sure that as soon as I delete them, I have to re-purchase them. Can anybody confirm this?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/t-dubya/conguitos.jpg
Indie games board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/293-indie-gaming

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
5 years ago#5
dsiware can be stored on your memory card, you just can't launch it if it's stored there.
and there's license data stored somewhere separate from the game files, so you don't lose the right to download the game if you delete the data.

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
5 years ago#6
What annoys me about DSiware on the 3DS is that programs that can utilize photos and sound from the DSi can't access the files from the 3DS' camera and sound programs, regardless of whether or not they're saved on the system or the SD card. It really doesn't make sense since the DSi also used SD cards for that data.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Man, they REALLY need to fix the DSiWare data placement..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived