• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS has a manga reader app!

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
8 years ago#1
I can't believe I missed this last week (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't listed when I first checked the eShop last Wednesday). I'll re-post it again in my eShop thread tomorrow also.

Name: Dokodemo Honya-san
Released: 12/12
Size: 678 Blocks + 118 Blocks (Catalogue is downloaded from within app)
Streetpass: Yes (Profile trade)
Spotpass: Yes (Receives latest manga news)
Features: Has over 2000 manga currently to purchase, saves to SD card.
Price: Free (for app), 400-600Y for manga

edit; crap forgot [JPN] in title.

User Info: E-25

E-25
8 years ago#2
"For [JPN]"

*Stomps a pikmin*
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?

User Info: Nickcool1996

Nickcool1996
8 years ago#3
lol I knew it was Japan only.

User Info: Semi45a

Semi45a
8 years ago#4
of course its for Japan.
"when you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn." ~John Wesley, Eighteenth Century Evangelist

User Info: Ecruteak

Ecruteak
8 years ago#5
what are the most NSFW titles on the app?

just curious <_< >_>

Nekoakuma
8 years ago#6
no idea, tbh i'm not a big fan of manga, but i'm just browsing through some stuff.

Monster Hunter manga caught my eye though. (it was recommended, so I don't know the full list they have on catalogue).

unrelated though, it uses eShop funds also. (in hindsight I shouldn't be suprised, but I'm happy cos I had some leftover funds)

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
8 years ago#7
what manga do they have? sucks that its not in english =(
i really hope the US/EU gets some sort of ebook reader

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
8 years ago#8
Why do people want a manga reader app on a game system with such a tiny resolution? It destroys all the hard work the mangaka put into the work in the first place. I hate tiny scans and at full(good online) res it's no good for viewing on 3DS.

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
8 years ago#9
Thanks for the info PokeMaster. I somehow missed it too.

Purugly posted...
what are the most NSFW titles on the app?

just curious <_< >_>

I don't recognize alot of them. Maybe Evangelion?
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932| https://imgur.com/BFAvgog

Nekoakuma
8 years ago#10
AkaneJones posted...
Why do people want a manga reader app on a game system with such a tiny resolution? It destroys all the hard work the mangaka put into the work in the first place. I hate tiny scans and at full(good online) res it's no good for viewing on 3DS.

Dunno about the other posters, but I didn't want one. Just stumbled across it today tbqh.

Other: Purchased MH on a whim, cost 450Y.

The app interface I don't mind..could be better but it is easy to navigate.
Can sort purchases by Title or Author and can display by either List or Cover.
When you choose a manga to read, there's also an option to search for other volumes which is handy imo.

As for reading: Full page is shown on bottom screen, with the selected viewer area displayed on top screen. Option to zoom in/out. Can use analogue to move around and L/R to zoom in out. X/Y to go back and forth between pages.

I don't know much about e-manga readers to compare it to (all i can think of is a pdf reader on my phone..but that's not exactly comparable to a handheld). It works for what it does but it's... not annoying...just the top/bottom screen thing is annoying. I wish it could be done in book mode (maybe it can be...havent looekd)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS has a manga reader app!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A