• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System transfer to a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7, but keeping Mario Kart 7

User Info: jmitnick

jmitnick
6 years ago#1
I've currently got a normal 3DS, but I'm getting the 3DS XL w/Mario Kart 7 built in bundle.

I was wondering how a system transfer would work from my 3DS to the 3DS XL but keep Mario Kart 7. Does the receiving system in a transfer get all its stuff deleted before the transfer? If so, how can I make sure I don't lose Mario Kart?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

User Info: brStalker

brStalker
6 years ago#2
The eShop accounts from both the starting system and the target system are merged into the target system. Thus, your MK7 would still be on your XL. You would only have to redownload it from the eShop, since it'd be formatted in the transfer process.
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega

User Info: jmitnick

jmitnick
6 years ago#3
brStalker posted...
The eShop accounts from both the starting system and the target system are merged into the target system. Thus, your MK7 would still be on your XL. You would only have to redownload it from the eShop, since it'd be formatted in the transfer process.

Ah nice, i didn't know it got merged...thought the target system's account was just deleted and took on the transferor system...but that is good to know :)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System transfer to a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7, but keeping Mario Kart 7
  • Topic Archived