• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do I check which region does my 3DS belong to?

User Info: cosmos89

cosmos89
6 years ago#1
Just bought a 3DS XL.

i lived in Singapore but our games sold here includes all sorts of regions.

Any way to check which region my 3DS belongs to?
The best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.

User Info: RE4_Fan

RE4_Fan
6 years ago#2
Go into the settings menu, and on the top screen there will be a number, mine for example is:

Ver. 4.3.0-10E this number details the version of the internal firmware of the device, and the final letter determines which region the device belongs to.

E--PAL regions, so Australia, New Zealand, Europe and any other countries with PAL software

J--Japanese region, commonly known as NTSC J

U--NTSC, the region used in USA, Canada

User Info: Soeroah

Soeroah
6 years ago#3
Easiest way I can think of is to turn your 3DS upsidedown and look at the serial number.

Australian ones start with 'Aus', so I'd assume the serial number starts with whatever the country they were made for. From there, you just need to find out which region said country is a part of.

Although, someone on another site said this:

Go to settings, then see the Firmware version (at the bottom right side of the upper screen, update if you must). The end character of the firmware version is the region.

4.2.0-10U -> means a US region.
4.2.0-10E -> PAL region.
4.2.0-10J -> Japan reg.

User Info: cosmos89

cosmos89
6 years ago#4
Cool, thanks for the help.

Looks like mine is US region.
The best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How do I check which region does my 3DS belong to?
  • Topic Archived