3DS XL would be too big with second analog stick, Nintendo pres says

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS XL would be too big with second analog stick, Nintendo pres says

User Info: Marsford

Marsford
5 years ago#41
elheber posted...
The Vita and the 3DS are such different beasts. The Vita has a very energy efficient OLED display, while the 3DS uses two screens, one of them being a power-hungry autostereoscopic LED backlit IPS LCD. Autostereoscopic displays aren't compatible with the sub-pixel displays of OLED screens, so it's not like Nintendo has any better options for extending battery life.

So while Sony could afford to use up more physical space to fit in a second analog without a huge drop in battery life, Nintendo cannot unless they make the system bigger as a whole. The innards of the 3DS are packed tighter than a military duffle bag, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were the same case with the XL.

Cheers.

It's nice to see someone that knows what they are talking about. Not just splurting:

"lol the Vita does it!"

or

"There's space right under the buttons".
Official Marsford of the NDF

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
5 years ago#42
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
It's not taking advantage of it when you have to pay for it separately. Why didn't nintendo take advantage of the size to add in on the console? It could've still been an optional control scheme. If you refuse to admit that options are better without having to pay for them all the time, you don't really have a reason to complain.

Shoulder Buttons and internal design. A CPP Built it might be able to be done at the cost of more bulk to the button due to the additions of the 2 extra shoulder buttons. On top of that we have no clue how much of a toll these additions might add to the battery. Be it power wise or eve size of it.

Besides most all games have an optional means to play a game you have to pay extra for anyhow. Things like the Kinect, Move, Classic Controller, or even Controllers for PCs cost money.

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
5 years ago#43
I can't believe I'm even bothering to respond to you, but when you can get 4.5 hours playing a 3DS game with the 3D off and 2.5 hours playing a game with 3D on, what exactly does that tell you?

Are your mathmagics at work again today?

So 3D takes up more battery life. And this holds what relevance to the discussion at all?
We're talking about the size of the hardware. Not whether or not battery life is better with 3D on or off. Everyone knows 3D drains the battery. Even with it off, the Vita beats it.
I love these excuses like "the inside of the 3DS is crammed, you cant fit in a 2nd stick".....uh, they made the hardware BIGGER. They could have worked it out to fit one in. They could have redesigned the inside to accomodate this easily. The real reason they didnt is because it costs them money, and why put it in when they have suckers buying the CCP?
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
5 years ago#44
Sailor Goon posted...
I can't believe I'm even bothering to respond to you, but when you can get 4.5 hours playing a 3DS game with the 3D off and 2.5 hours playing a game with 3D on, what exactly does that tell you?

Are your mathmagics at work again today?

So 3D takes up more battery life. And this holds what relevance to the discussion at all?
We're talking about the size of the hardware. Not whether or not battery life is better with 3D on or off. Everyone knows 3D drains the battery.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, when I say

"Better battery life because it's not pumping out 3D graphics."

And you say

"lol because 3D takes such huge processing power"

And then say everyone knows the 3D drains the battery. I am afraid to buy a Vita for the sole reason that I fear it did something to your brain.
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS XL would be too big with second analog stick, Nintendo pres says

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived