Metal Torrent

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metal Torrent

User Info: DemonSeal-Curse

DemonSeal-Curse
5 years ago#11
metroid00700 posted...
Jackslick posted...
Coming from an actual fan of the shmup genre, stay away from metal torrent. It will only let you down.

I know what you mean, MT is a disgrace compared to Ikaruga but none-the-less it is a decent starting point and a great crash course on how the genre works. I'm having fun with it and for a DSiWare title I am pleasantly surprised with all of the online features it has (Leaderboards AND replays?!). It does suck there's a lack of portable bullet hell games.

I used to play the Iridion (or whatever they were called) games on the GBA. I enjoyed those
All The Feels We Share, and I Just Don't Care.
PSN: PoisonFang27 XBL: PoisonFang27

User Info: metroid00700

metroid00700
5 years ago#12
DemonSeal-Curse posted...
metroid00700 posted...
Jackslick posted...
Coming from an actual fan of the shmup genre, stay away from metal torrent. It will only let you down.

I know what you mean, MT is a disgrace compared to Ikaruga but none-the-less it is a decent starting point and a great crash course on how the genre works. I'm having fun with it and for a DSiWare title I am pleasantly surprised with all of the online features it has (Leaderboards AND replays?!). It does suck there's a lack of portable bullet hell games.

I used to play the Iridion (or whatever they were called) games on the GBA. I enjoyed those

I had the original and hated it. Not even sure why, I'm pretty sure I played it for less than an hour total for the few years I had it before trading it to a sucker- I mean friend. I'll have to revisit that series, I heard the sequel was great.
SNK, SEGA, AND CAPCOM FANBOY
SEGA Dreamcast=Best Gaming System Neo Geo Pocket Color=Best Handheld System

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
5 years ago#13

Lol,no. If you use the easier ship,the game is easy. But if you use the one that isnt,the game get's pretty hard especially if you do the random enemy option instead of the set pattern one. So I reccomend getting it.
Pokemon Black FC:3740-4363-8765
Pokemon White FC:1979-2643-0071

User Info: Halladay32

Halladay32
5 years ago#14
I'm not the biggest fan of this genre of game, but I do tend to enjoy the ones I play. Metal Torrent though? Not so much. It simply felt very bland to me, and the hit box for your ship seemed inconsistent, especially with smaller projectiles. I'd say skip it and hope for better games next month.

Mariofan15
5 years ago#15

I'm not the biggest fan of this genre of game, but I do tend to enjoy the ones I play. Metal Torrent though? Not so much. It simply felt very bland to me, and the hit box for your ship seemed inconsistent, especially with smaller projectiles. I'd say skip it and hope for better games next month.

Speaking of hit boxes,what determines what damages you anyway? Is it from projectiles or from touching the enemy crafts?

User Info: Halladay32

Halladay32
5 years ago#16
Mariofan15 posted...
Speaking of hit boxes,what determines what damages you anyway? Is it from projectiles or from touching the enemy crafts?

I think it's both, but I only played through this game four times, so I'm not entirely sure. Projectiles definitely kill you (well, the large ones, at least)

Mariofan15
5 years ago#17

Mariofan15 posted...

I think it's both, but I only played through this game four times, so I'm not entirely sure. Projectiles definitely kill you (well, the large ones, at least)

Yeah. The bigger projectiles get you but the smaller ones dont which is weird. Touching an enemy craft kills you so. Makes me wonder how big the hit box is if you dont even get killed by smaller projectiles despite the fact you touch one.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Metal Torrent

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived